Centered on China
  • 169 posts
  • Page 4 of 12
Thorpe wrote:
yeah but you can play with it and I don't where the feather blur is..they say to give it a feather blur...do you know what they talking about?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
sorry didn't see your post till now...I think you are talking about the Feather Selection in Effects and Selection

I would like to make the mountains in PDN so I can explain how to make mountians in my tutorial...sooo I would like as many
suggestions on how to make a mountain as possible.

LizoLB you've done mountains and you too -NoXoN-...can you guys tell me how you did it, I don't care what program you use just try and explain it...
Pntbttr wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/china4flat.jpg/
this is what the map looks like right now...the erased outline (actually I think it appears white or something...) is where I am going to make the mountains...
Vexer wrote:
it's looking much better but your outlines are way too thick. i really think it would look much better with thinner lines.
Pntbttr wrote:
I thought it looked fine...I think it's the same size as the South Africa Districts map...I would like a few more people to comment on the outline before I totally redo it...
Vexer wrote:
don't you remember that i had to tweak the lines on south africa to make them appear smaller since i didn't want to redo them? If i knew an easy way to get them even thinner i would have. Territory boundaries should be two pixels thick. This is harder to measure when lines are blurred but the darker part of the line should only be two pixels across. For example the maps with the best lines are fendi's new world map, europe 1814 and Unites States. Thorpe's method of making 1 pixel lines and then blurring them works but the lines aren't as smooth as those done in photoshop. 

The method I use in paint.net is to resize the image to 4 times bigger. then draw the lines 8-10 pixels thick. then when i resize the line layer back to the normal size the lines are smoothed by the resizing algorithm. I then copy and paste the layer back into the original file that i had before i made it 4 times bigger. This way the lines look smooth but not blurry.

Using a gaussian blur can produce overly blurry lines especially when a sharpening filter wasn't used. The lines on this map look blurry to me. The method you used to create them would probably work just fine if the lines were thinner though because it would be harder to notice the blurriness with thinner lines.
Pntbttr wrote:
Mountains are hard to make! I am still working on them...I think in a few more tries I'll get it...
Vexer wrote:
i don't understand what the mountains you proposed are for though, they don't really affect game play cause they are in the middle of a region
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

To be honest, I dont think this map needs any mountains. You have already used The Wall and rivers, adding a mountain would be too much. But that is just what I think..

Take care.
Thorpe wrote:
WOW! A comment from Fendi!
..I agree
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
I am in agreement with Fendi. Adding mountains would be too much. Personally i think the map is 100% done. If you disagree then please comment.