Centered on China
  • 169 posts
  • Page 10 of 12
Pntbttr wrote:
Thanks guys!

I found a spelling mistake...Jilim is supposed to be Jilin...I will fix it...I used an old text layer because I had to fix some cut off text...
Cireon wrote:
I think I prefer the original name over the new one, as that states more clearly what the map is about.
The map itself is awesome to play on. The wall is a really nice addition.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Vexer wrote:
The problem people had with the original name is that the map doesn't include all of southeast asia. Are you saying this is not a problem for you?

I would like to hear a few more opinions before deciding.
Cireon wrote:
United States map doesn't include Alaska. Personally, I don't think it is a problem. The map name should be descriptive, but not necessarily 100% exact.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Pntbttr wrote:
I agree with Cireon...why isn't the US map called the US map without the 586,400 sq miles of Alaska...I am surprised we haven't got any complaints from the Alaskans...the name is inaccurate and everybody knows it yet it sounds better the way it is...

this map is already not very descriptive...for example N. Thailand or N. Vietnam, the N stands for northern that doesn't mean it is a country just that the northern part is in the battle not the southern...now N. Korea and S. Korea are different, the N stands for North and the S stands for South...they are two different countries...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/southeasternasiafinalpn.png/

fixed Jilin
Matty wrote:
For me this map is more SE than E, it misses only some (parts of) territories in siam.
But well, it only seems to miss Russia on the north, so I guess E asia is as accurate then.

Sounds better than theater too ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
For me it misses parts of Japan, so it can't be Eastern Asia... just my thought.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Matty wrote:
Hmm, you have a point.
Maybe we should just name it like this: "A part of Asia, located east of the center of asia, but not entirely South, East, Southeast or any other fixed direction, because it misses (parts of) some asian territories in any of those directions"

That would be a very descriptive name i guess.

No really, I like eastern asia, but then i also like southeast asia :P
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
Well, you also have a point there! One even more important than mine :P

I guess Eastern Asia is ok, then.
PsymonStark wrote:
Eastern (Beta) Map

That's what appears in the Long Term games page. I miss some Asia there :)
Vexer wrote:
Now who messed that up? was it me?

Well it's fixed now. Thanks