redone
  • 135 posts
  • Page 9 of 9
Cireon wrote:
Matty - May 14, 10:44 AM
Even though I think his borders are fine, yours look better.
This

I think that every map on this website can be improved, but that doesn't mean they are bad and some of them I really like. Sure, in the end this map will very probably become better than peanotbttr's version, but I still don't think this map was really that much in need of a rework.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Fendi wrote:
I beg to differ. In my opinion (no offense intended) this map never reached the standards when it came out and needed a rework fast, but Pntbttr was busy with other maps at that time and couldn't make the changes needed. It is also good if mapmakers can redo or update their maps every year or two because with every map they make, they gain more experience and knowledge that they can later on use to create a better version of an already existing map.

I really like Vexer's version and see nothing wrong with it..but maybe that's because I have a great screen. lol
Vexer wrote:
Paddlin - Oct 13, 09:17 PM
This map is utterly irreparable as it is currently designed.

It wasn't just Fendi and I that didn't think this map was good enough. The only reason why I released it was because we really needed a normal Europe map. If I hadn't gotten busy it would have been redone long ago. Like Fendi said, she never thought the map was ready.

Well anyway, here's an update. If it's still too saturated, that can easily be adjusted.

http://www.dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/Europe%20Risk%20Game%20Map2.jpg
Cireon wrote:
I like this one better indeed. The colours are fine except for I am not really a fan of the Scandinavia colour. I think the minimap makes it more clearer and is fine as it is (nice and simple). I really liked you trying alternatives to a minimap though, it was just that in the previous version the bonuses were not clear enough :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Matty wrote:
I don't think its too saturated now, I like it.
A lot better than both old ones.

Thanks a lot vexer!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
Sorry to reply so late, but is it me or does the minimap look a bit blurry :S
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
I've modified the color cireon mentioned and the mini map was redone. The new map is now live but you can still give your comments and suggestions.

go here and refresh.
https://dominating12.com/assets/img/maps/33.large.jpg
Cireon wrote:
Looks way better, thanks.
marcoxa wrote:
looks great, i love how crisp it is, something the last version was missing.
Vexer wrote:
I found some chat about this map in a game.

9 Jan, 08:57 expat969: What a map!! Big Albania ate Kosovo, Montenegro, Macedonia and Sandzak. Croatia ate Eslovenia
9 Jan, 08:59 expat969: Finally Scottish get independents :))))
9 Jan, 09:01 expat969: No doubts about political mind of the map creator.
19 Jan, 21:55 Vexer: It's not a political map, it's a risk map.
dough_boy wrote:
I am not sure if this is the correct forum for the regular Europe Map or not.

If it is, we need to remove the ability to play this map with 4 people. Everyone starts with 12, but whoever goes first has an advantage in that they can knock the next person down to 3, so on and so forth, and the last person has 3 to take 2 territories from the first person.

I thought there was a spreadsheet showing what number of territories would work for the number of players but can't find it again.
DreamStreet wrote:
dough_boy
I am not sure if this is the correct forum for the regular Europe Map or not.

If it is, we need to remove the ability to play this map with 4 people. Everyone starts with 12, but whoever goes first has an advantage in that they can knock the next person down to 3, so on and so forth, and the last person has 3 to take 2 territories from the first person.

I thought there was a spreadsheet showing what number of territories would work for the number of players but can't find it again.

Why not just make it so we have 4 spots as neutrals so everyone starts with 11 territories instead of 12?