redone
  • 135 posts
  • Page 1 of 9
Pntbttr wrote:
Redone:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/europe1realflat.jpg/

OK what I would like to know is do you like the text or should I change that (also should I abrevate any names). I would also like to know if you like my regions better than the old one. And do you like the texture and connection lines? And also the region bonuses are they right?

Old:
http://www.dominating12.com/image/map/4.large.jpg
-NoXoN- wrote:
 I like colors. Hmm i think you did mistake with regions, is better if you try to make regions as they are in real. i will post one pic how im thinking for regions.
 I think is better if you take out from game all islands, and make map only with states. And still map will be bigger than world map.
 Maybe is better if you make connections from italy to albania and from denmark to sweden.
 I also think that is ok if you cut map over iceland. No need to show upper part of map, mini map dont looks good there up anyway is better if you make legend. Look where i cuted and regions example:

[image]
Pntbttr wrote:
yes I deffinitly like the regions better! I dont know about cutting away the map but maybe if some others agree. And I also thought a legend would be better but I haven't done one of those before and wasn't sure how I should do it. Should I just say the color and then the region bonus?
Vexer wrote:
You can cut some off the top but i think noxon cut too much. the reason your mini map looks wrong is because it is too big and because the map cuts off part of a continent on the right. You can reduce the size and put a 1 pixel think black square around the mini map to make it look right. I don't see there being enough room for a legend.

noxon's regions are better. i assume that the left over pink territories would go with the purple region?

i'd rather connect denmark to norway instead of sweden so that that region doesn't have to defend sweden. I would also prefer that there not be a connection from italy to albania because albania being a border would make that region too hard to defend.

Corsica is a french territory so it would make sense to have a connection to france. it's fine also being connected to italy and sardinia. i didn't mention this on the med. sea map cause the game play was better with it being part of the italy region.

the map looks pretty good except that there is too much contrast on your shading layer. Try reducing the contrast on that layer. Also what's going on to the left of Portugal? there's something messed up there.
Vexer wrote:
better, but now the maps seems a little washed out and bland. maybe try adjusting the saturation. The background could use a little more of a brown tint.
-NoXoN- wrote:
nobody noticed that cyprus is missing :O

i dont like title, i hate that font, is in many maps. I still dont like how mini map looks :(

i like texture, map looks very good over all.
Glanru wrote:
Cyprus? Try a notable size of Africa is missing. Seems odd to grey out the middle east, but not grey out Africa.
Pntbttr wrote:
I never even noticed that......I guess I could add that but I don't like adding things when I cant make them really accurate.
Glanru wrote:
That map is nowhere near accurate as is. Nor is the world map. As long as you make it reasonably accurate compared to the rest of the map, people will like it.
Glanru wrote:
Good job adding Africa, it fits with the rest of the map. As Noxon brought up, Cyprus is still missing. I suggest you add it. Cyprus has about 900 km squared more land and is close to double the population of Crete, which is on the map. Cyprus could be a territory, or could be considered neutral, depending on if you want to change the game play by including it on the map.
Pntbttr wrote:
I'll think about it but I will add it in as a dead zone at least....