Map submission
  • 105 posts
  • Page 7 of 7
Axobongo wrote:
i am surprised there is no ship rout connecting Thorpe and -18 .   It feels like there should be .  It would put an interesting triad challenge in the area. And an extra connector to North & South may not be so bad. There are plenty of Narrow Ways anyways.
Its quite a fine map, with or without that addition, but still i would ask you to feel out the concept one time, flip on the intuition and calculation switch in the brain lab to double check the area?
That 2 region between the 3 and 4 region would be more worth having if the 3 and 4 regions were connected. So it seems to me.
Axobongo wrote:
,,also, i am wondering if moving the circle at -number 27 slightly left so that the circle line and island line just touch, as that island's green color needs more exposure ( if not a lighter brighter green?).
The player color of the circle influences the color of the island a little much to some degree, as it is.
The mini map seems to clear up which region the island belongs to, but its a bit small,  ,,so small screened people might get confused,, i know i've had to look twice a few times on a big screen.
Clarke wrote:
Very honored to see my name on there. Also love the concept. Nice work!
Axobongo wrote:
Note: I am in another game on this map. Again with no cards, which seems to me better tests a maps strategic qualities and capabilities without the distraction of sudden massive card armies. And again i have the same thought about a connection between Thorpe and territory -18- .
  ,,it reoccurs to me that the 4black region has some advantage being a 4-reinforcement with only 4 borders, as other 4 defense bordered regions are worth 3.  Lets observe if that region does present more consistent winners ? 
 I could be wrong about this, Because there could be location difficulties and my observation could be coincidence, 3 games now.
Likewise i could be right about it, and it doesn't matter because its part of the maps personality and idiosyncrasies.
A world is a world, everyone must deal with what the earth presents, too much symmetry would be unnatural.
Anyways... This is a Note that it might an area worth observing over time.
Axobongo wrote:
*. NOTE: i can't edit it now.. but everytime i referred to territory -18- .. i meant territory -16 - !!
aeronautic wrote:
@ Axo,

There have been no other concerns about the game-play on this map.

What have been your findings about the region you mentioned above, does it cause constant winners with No Cards games?

I am looking to get this out of Beta and make it live, but I'd like to know if the concerns are going to cause a problem with the map in the future and sort it out now while it's still in Beta.

There has been no other feedback for these concerns, so perhaps they are isolated to No Cards setting and perhaps there have been very few players creating games with these settings?? Your feedback on this would be much appreciated.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
There has been no reply to this for 3 months so I will assume that there are no serious concerns.
I will make the map Live now.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aaronfever wrote:
One concern!

I have a map card for a place called #17, which when I click on it highlights the space called Kyla on the board.
You need to update the card name :P
Proud creator of the map Battle of the Elements
Hoodlum wrote:
ty aaronfever. all sorted now, with both kyla and lionesse card territories edited
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aaronfever wrote:
np Hoodlum, though writing this mid game may have hurt me a bit. :P
Proud creator of the map Battle of the Elements
nizzy wrote:
Can 1771 attack OldDogGen? I see the mountains but looks like they don't run across the entire border.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
nizzy
Can 1771 attack OldDogGen? I see the mountains but looks like they don't run across the entire border.

Yes it can. The mountains are not a barrier at that point.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein