Map submission
  • 105 posts
  • Page 6 of 7
Hoodlum wrote:
they look nice there, i originally had them there cosmetically, no purpose, but it looked close to being an impassable because the gap was small. I could probably leave half of them there, so there isn't any confusion, or take them out completely.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Try taking half away and see if it still looks intuitive, if not, it's your call on whether to put them back on or remove them completely.
If this is what naathim was talking about, then perhaps it's worth looking at how the new connection affects the game and Capitals.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
100% view
impassable edit (click to show)
aeronautic wrote:
I will put this into Beta now.

Great Job Hood !
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
PsymonStark wrote:
Small point... could you please move #29 label a bit closer to the territory? Looks a bit out of place.
Also, in the impassable square, could you add an extra mountain at the top? It looks like you can actually pass over there...
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
While playing on the map, I was wondering why you (Hood) didn't attack yellow's Cap via #16, I have just been checking adjacencies and remembered that the lake (Indonesia) makes it impassable, but it seemed to connect to #21 intuitively.

Perhaps it would be better to join up the whole mountain range there to make it more intuitive as an impassable?

The mountains can overlap the lake to ensure that no territory colour looks like it is touching territory #21 territory colour there.
You should also overlap a mountain on the Fendi Ocean in the north (Myanmar / Burma), because some colours are still touching in that area.
Hoodlum wrote:
yeah it was originally blocked by ranges, but I think you requested the change because it looked odd. the east indies region becoming lakes was a tricky part of drawing territories. i'll work on it.
aeronautic wrote:
Sorry about that, it doesn't always work out how I suggest.
We can but try a change, see if it works and if not, try something else.
PsymonStark wrote:
It jumped to my eyes that slackbatter or skarni shouldn't be capitalised on the map.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
SpamFree wrote:
I'd like to suggest an addition to the World Inverted map.
At the "South Pole" perhaps a "SpamFree Falls" where everyone drops off the edge of the flat earth ;)

Anyway, very interesting map :thumbs:

Keep up the Excellent works folks and Have fun :pirate:

Madagascarter wrote:
I was thinking #15 should be named after me??? ;)

However my rank is way to low to be considered :(
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
elysium5 wrote:
@SpamFree, you would probably want the region to be covered in fog as well, no doubt? :roll:
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."