------------
Dominators
Generals who ranked up

rest reserved for any future above.
Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
aeronautic wrote:
Probably best to number the 30 blank territories 1 to 30.
@ #666 LOL
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
i was thinking after inputting them, use the terr ID
Hoodlum is online.
aeronautic wrote:
That will be at least 4 digits and random looking. I'm not sure... perhaps put temporary name labels on, something to do with Ocean Floor names?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
number 1-30 might be better. 30 floor names will be tuff to find. Might be an idea to use ocean floors for region names - there happens to be 15 major plates
#1-30 (click to show)
Hoodlum is online.
momagajic wrote:
Exelent map ,nice to be there to be part of the realm of Dominating XII  ∆
Hoodlum wrote:
Region names input suggestions (click to show)
Capitals 1-5 suggestions (click to show)
Capitals 6-9 suggestions (click to show)

@momagajic suggested the d12 logo somewhere on the map. added the favicon, and played with the font a bit.
Hoodlum is online.
aeronautic wrote:
Region Colours.
I'm a bit concerned about similarities on some adjacent regions, particularly N.American Plate (red would be better there) and Antarctic Plate, perhaps make it the same colour as the Arctic Plate (arctic / antarctic colour is coincidental), this will give the best separation of colours in the south.
Hoodlum wrote:
couldn't quite get the colour suggestion to look right and I didn't start off this project properly, having merged the regions and textures, so it was hard to make a good change. I attempted some region clarity and balance with the colours in this attempt.

colour change (click to show)
Hoodlum is online.
PsymonStark wrote:
Still merging regions and colours? I thought you'd have learnt the lesson from I can't remember which map ;)

I have to say this version is much cleaner than the one before.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
Much better colours and contrast.

There are a couple of faint territory lines at The_Bishop & #30 and cbt711 & PsymonStark.
Mountains between killrick & naathim and killrick & Vexer still look like there are passable areas, perhaps a couple of small mountains to take out the bigger gaps!?
PsymonStark wrote:
One thing. Maybe you could try making the minimap a size smaller? It's a bit too busy over there, and I think we could save a few pixels.

Also, I see yellow in the red region @nikeboix69, in the border with TP. Same @#10, see some red in the border with Vexer. The new colour scheme reminds me of Italia.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Hoodlum wrote:
cool. knew i needed to go over some things, fix up pixels and i thought i saw some gaps, but for some reason I usually see them instantly after i upload them on the net, even tho i was just staring at it for ages on my paint program.
I can't remember Psymon, i think all of the maps lol.
Hoodlum is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
latest version (click to show)

Inset smaller. Shaved map size - now 1024 x 770

closed some mountain gaps.

after going through capital selections, I felt there needed to be a connection between #21 and Thorpe so deleted some mountains there.

1-5 caps (click to show)

1-6 (click to show)
Hoodlum is online.