Map submission
  • 105 posts
  • Page 3 of 7
aeronautic wrote:
for reference (click to show)
Region names input suggestions, before colour changes (click to show)
2-5 caps (click to show)
6-9 caps (click to show)

@Psymon, I guess in principle it is similar https://www.the-inkstore.co.uk/map_resources/World-Inverted/WI_Italy.jpg

@Hoodlum, I'm suing you for plagiarism!!!

I think the Filipino Plate is too green, perhaps a more yellow colour for distinction from N.Pacific Plate.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
It's a yellowy green, but clashes with the n.pacific plate a bit, perhaps make it more yellow than green.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
Filipino Plate recolour (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Much better thanks.

Has the game-play been discussed?

Not much feedback on maps these days.
Hoodlum wrote:
yellow clean up (click to show)

thought the yellow looked a bit dirty. changed the texture.

No gameplay discussion yet.
aeronautic wrote:
The log is going to be funny... Hoodlum (Hoodlum) attacked Sygmassacre (Sygmassacre) conquering it, killing 3, losing 2.
or Matty (killrick) attacked killrick (Matty) conquering it, killing 3, losing 2.^^
Matty wrote:
I'm sorry for not commenting much on maps anymore. I'm busy on other things nowadays. I'd hoped some other members would pick up. Pretty sure there are enough people with the skill to be helpfully critical.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
new connection (click to show)

added a new connection from muzthebus to lifeinpixels + redid a few mountains.

I am in discussion with some suggestions of capitl suggestions with momagajic. I will post them up soon

naathim wrote:
On my phone. So apologize for any typos, etc.

The borders look too smooth/fake. They're clearly arbitrarily placed to develop gameplay. Add some zits/zags/non-intuitive jags. Makes it look more believable.
Even though I'm honored to be included, I'm not a fan of the player names for labels. Feels crass and exclusatory. Keep the big peeps names for the oceans, but I think the original generic fantasy setting was much better.

Move JT territory to orange region, close off Etta with mountains and remove connection line from #5. Two better regions.

Need two more 2-3 territory regions. One each on right and left. Adding Muz to the green region would take care of the one on the left. The rights a little harder. But I d suggest taking hood, 17, and 19 to make one small region there.

The grey center region strikes me as off. But I think it's mostly the blobby territories. Remove connection between 16 and 21, change to 21 and slack better if you feel like the movement needs to be better down there. The green south central region should be +3. The connection line between life in pixels and Maps isn't really necessary, I feel like there's so many little loop connections just to eliminate 1:1 borders, necessary, yes, but this one is just cosmetic.

On my phone looks like a corner of Noxon is yellow/white. Don't like the dotted lines for region borders. The two grey regions are relatively close in the center. Maybe spreading them out will not draw the eye so much?

I'd potentially change cb and Bishop into one region and Psymon and the other territories into another. With a +3 combined bonus. The top grey region would be better with a +3 bonus. Either that or combine with the orange brown top region to create a single +4. Either option more fair.

Sorry for the spewing of critiques. Such a cool idea, would like to see an swear map come out of it. This one still has a long way to go.
Hoodlum wrote:
long way to go if your gonna be absent :)

Now 17 regions.

So just working with naathims gameplay (forgetting the graphic feedback for now)

I think this is what i interpreted. etta = beta?  JT = TP_knighty?

nathaam gameplay edits (click to show)
aeronautic wrote:
Just a quick one, I notice that the Labels are affected where they overlay mountains. This could be that the layer is either below the mountains layers or that the text has transparency.

I disagree with naathim on the names. Even though it may seem elitist / exclusive to some, I believe it will encourage players to achieve something to get their name on the map. Something that creates ambition and the need to improve / contribute and feel part of the site.
The only way to currently be on the map is to volunteer your time and effort to the site, to work hard at your risk skills and diplomacy and become a Dominator (ironically not a recognised noun by the spell checker) or a General.

I prefer the new game-play, it has some tastier smaller regions and a few more defensible regions. I don't know how this is going to affect the Capitals in discussion, but perhaps that is a bit premature anyway.

naathim has pretty much said what I initially said about dashed borders. I compromised with a bit of alternation, perhaps because the first rendition of them was extremely smooth, which as we have both said, gives a false effect. I too like the dashed (different) concept, but as I pointed out, it's very difficult to get a perceived Terrain Following effect with dashed/dotted lines at this altitude.
Hoodlum wrote:
yeah i like the gameplay. i like a few easy 1 regions to be able to get. I don't know about not connecting @ #5, because it looks so close (panama canal) that it looks to me like it should be. The text has some transparency, i can probably work with it so that it's a recolour instead.
PsymonStark wrote:
I feel like cbt's region should be a 2... well in general all 3-3 regions should be.

And I think we should use the "Panama Anticanal" as a connection between #5 and #7. Otherwise the path around is way too long.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
I think you should connect #5, either to Beta or #7, then the game-play for the left half of the map will be pretty similar to San Francisco, which is quite popular.
I also agree with Psymon on the bonus value, it will be a very easy 2, but it will cause a desire for the spot and is map centre, both a bonus and a curse. That should make for some interesting games.

LOL both posting and editing at the same time.