Map submission
  • 105 posts
  • Page 4 of 7
Hoodlum wrote:
edits (click to show)
bonus edits - no transparency labels - re-connection #5
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
suggestedCap selections for current gameplay. discussed with momagajic some before naathim suggesions. All internal territories.
2-5 (click to show)
6-7 (click to show)
8-9 (click to show)
Hoodlum wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
tried some tone variation region territories
Matty wrote:
Ooooh Hood I love you...............re colour tones.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Now that you have individually toned the territories, which are great, it draws my eye to wca & Star0Dweller, which look the same and the mountains now look passable at the T joint.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
Impassable edit, star0dweller territory edit (click to show)
Matty wrote:
As do Crystal, Olddoggen, Aeronautic and MAPS. (Blue region in the north).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
=pixel stray fixups, some territory colour changes, return of a missing connection line (muz + lifenpixels)
Spoiler (click to show)
aeronautic wrote:
On the mini map and impassable, could you put a drop shadow below, because the sea on the mini map blends with the map sea, giving an unfinished effect.

(Edit) I wanted to see it at 100% so I pasted the image link. http://oi65.tinypic.com/10xd46q.jpg
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
It's still not contrasting enough, can you use the colour and more opacity, similar to the map outline?
The mini map is still giving an indistinct edge effect at the bottom.
aeronautic wrote:
Better, but I meant just a mostly solid Drop Shadow at the bottom, not a darker outline. The top isn't a problem, only the bottom where sea meets sea.
You can also move the mini map and impassable up a few pixels away from the map frame.
A few refinements can now be done, such as the thickness of the map frame at the top edge, this can be reduced to the same as the sides, use a square to measure it.
The dashed border line on the right edge overlapping the map frame.
Some sea connections overlapping the outline (drop the layers below the land/outline).
Anti-alias the territory dividers between aeronautic, madmouser & MAPS, you can use a Gaussian Blur to sort that out.
Bottom left base of mountains in killrick territory need to be blue or blended toward the brown, the sharp brown seems wrong.
The impassable mountains between #16 & #21 don't look right. They are not very intuitive and look a bit scattered.
How are the Region Names working out since you altered the regions and game-play?

Unfortunately the better the map becomes, the more the tiny flaws & spoilers stand out. ;)
aeronautic wrote:
One more thing, please try to use JPG files in the forum, PNG files are too heavy on download speeds, as they all have to be loaded before the forum page can appear for viewers who haven't yet viewed the images and so haven't got them cached.
Map Optimisation (click to show)