Remake
  • 165 posts
  • Page 9 of 11
aeronautic wrote:
I have overwritten the map image, press CTRL+F5 to see the changes.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
HammerTime wrote:
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=483582 if u read the chat board here you will see that bubble thought he could attack from braavos to corath...i was in a cap game an had to hurry with only 3 min an i placed men in corath thinkin samething..althogh i did know..but at a quick glance or bad eyes like myself its hard to see the small line seperating braavos an pentos...thought id bring it to yr attention
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
aeronautic wrote:
For reference (click to show)
The small border line for Braavos was only put there because Braavos is actually only the tiny islands under the circle and had to have a land border line, on the official maps Braavos is not on the Essos mainland. Pentos is meant to cover the whole of the western region above Myr.

There is also the exact same situation with Tyrosh & Myr, where Tyrosh should not be on the mainland at all.

If you think this needs better intuitiveness, I can bend the connection line from Lorath to make contact in a southward direction on Pentos?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
HammerTime wrote:
if in fact as u say a island..could it not be a seperate island? just a tad larger for visual?.. i remember other map they did that..panama i think.or mabe just darken(widen) the line a little.
HammerTime wrote:
or mabe panama was just a tint change to make more bolder. so u could see its colour for its territory..but kinda same prob.
HammerTime wrote:
or how about moving the line south to the little bay on point of land on left...thus giveing seperation from the dot and line will be wider across the map..the connection route line from corath also points directly at braavos(mabe part of issue right their visually) mabe bring that south as well to middle of bay so it ponts dfferent dirrection.

oh ya theirs edit yr post duh!!
HammerTime wrote:
http://www.dominating12.com/index.php?cmd=game&sec=play&id=487218 heres a game i was watching last night..read oranges texts(new player)...he was wondering why he couldnt attack from corath to braavos..
aeronautic wrote:
Okay, seconds after you just posted this, I was uploading the changes.
Refresh the map with CTRL+F5 and it should be more intuitive now.
HammerTime wrote:
looks good aeron..all u changed was connetion route line correct?..now it doesnt take yr eyes to braavos..if still a issue after this only suggestion i would say is mabe move the dot in Pentos more north so the connection from corath points to it more. ill report back if i see anything.
aeronautic wrote:
No, I moved the connection line to point southward to Pentos and moved the Pentos label and circle more central in the territory, even though this may now cause friction about accuracy of the free cities locations.

p.s. It is Lorath not Corath (that's an Old English style font)
HammerTime wrote:
lol see told you my eyes wernt good :)

after looking more and this is just my personal opinon here. It is better then it was,but i also think it could be even better then it is..if to be left as is now(just tweaking connection line) then i think u should tweak it little more..bring line little more south in bay..also where connection lines meet on each side of the dot in Lorath(ya) the lines meet bottom of dot ,if u were to put on top side of dot this will create a larger arch in the connt line and would help in getting the line facing towards pentos dot..it would then be pretty much facing the pentos dot without moving it.

thats 1 :)

but my real preference would be to see braavos a island ,as it is depicted ,this would remove all the issues of above imo .

where the seperation line is in between braavos an pentos could it be possible to remove like a 1/4 inch of the land mass south of the line and replace it with water,imo this would look great,be more realistic and remove all doubt of where connections lead to..and their is enough land colour around braavos dot to know what its part of.

again just my opinion.
aeronautic wrote:
The only reason for having to put territory border lines on the mainland for Braavos and Tyrosh was because if they were kept as just islands, they would each need a connection line and this would be too short to make out what it is and if sent out in an arc it would also make the map look like a "birds nest" of connection lines.

In my opinion, also putting myself in the shoes of someone who hasn't seen the map before, this is now intuitive and anyone not being able to see the connected territories now would be unable to see them on 90% of D12 maps.
For that reason I would be reluctant to start chopping away land on an otherwise accurate map.
Matty wrote:
I think it's better this way as well.

The only connection that is easy to miss is from The Eyrie to King's Landing. It's not possible to confuse it with something else, just possible to miss it.
But I see no way to improve that, and it's fine really.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria