Remake
  • 165 posts
  • Page 7 of 11
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Matty, this is the sort of feedback I was looking for.
Matty
To clarify; the titles of both 9a and 9b are distracting. To me it's a choice between 8 and 9a, as 9a is just cooler than 9b.
I think the size of the title (fontsize), the closeness to the land and the huge sword are more distracting than the lightning effect.
Westeros & Essos 9a (click to show)
Westeros & Essos 9b (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
naathim wrote:
I think the 9A option, using it as part of the theme works pretty well. It is a little eye-catching, but that's not always a bad thing.

Matty's probably got the right idea, if you could make it a bit smaller and tone down the lightning it would be perfect.
aeronautic wrote:
Hills & Mountains land blending added.
Stormlands colours made more separated from Dorne.
New Title.

Westeros & Essos 9a (click to show)
Westeros & Essos 10 (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
naathim wrote:
The colors are just so vibrant and lifelike, very beautiful!

I think that the title in 10 fits a lot better. Blends a lot better with the rest of the map instead of standing out quite so much. But it's still eye catching and it's own little piece of art lol

I kind of liked the sharper, darker, more stark (I almost used starker, but since you're british, I don't think that'd be quite right :D) looking background mountains in 9A. Especially in the Essos territories. But the ones in 10 still look very nice.

If you guys advertise this right you could draw in any number of fans of the book/show for games. Get it posted on a fan site or even something larger. A big bump in players, at least short term, but I'm sure some would stick around ^^
Cireon wrote:
"starker" hehe

I like the title a lot better this way too :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I don't think stormlands is improved, it used to be red with a bit of green-ish, now it's, well, I don't really know, mostly green, but what's the red doing there?

I like the mountains in Gift, Queenscrown and starfell better than in 9, but naathim has a point in Essos, maybe a bit too much of the effect there.

Yeah, love the title.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I had dropped the opacity of the Essos Mountains to 75%.
It is back to 100% again, as before.

Is everyone happy now, or are there any things we have overlooked?

I will try the Cap's positions, but I never get them right, I do at least give a bench mark to work from.
BTW The red in Stormlands is to separate from the green in The Reach. There was a post that said that on someone's monitor / phone, they couldn't tell Stormlands apart from Dorne.
Westeros & Essos 10 (click to show)
Westeros & Essos 11 (click to show)
Matty wrote:
Well, to me it looks perfect.

I thought so at version 8 already, so it probably can be improved somehow, but I just love it like this.

It's amazing, really really good job!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
naathim wrote:
Very well done Aero!!

Looks perfect to me too.

I was pretty meh when you first said you were going to remake it, because I do like the story behind the old one. But this is just too amazing!
aeronautic wrote:
I've had a go at the Caps, it should at least give ideas for those with a knack for these.
Caps 2 - 5 (click to show)
Caps 6 - 9 (click to show)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Wow, I echo all of the praise from everyone about this map! Stunning!
If I were to nit-pick, then I would suggest:
Altering the nearest connection dots to Iron Island on the north and the south of the island – they seem to be needlessly cut in half (yes I know this is really tiny!)
Changing the territory name “Stoney Sept” to “Stony Sept” (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/spellcheck/english/?q=stoney) unless that is the actual name quoted from the books, which I haven’t read.
Dropping the title a few pixels south, as I feel that it would look more central in relation to the minimap and the north of Essos.
Incredible work!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
@V98 The connection lines disappear as they approach the land, because on the Iron Islands connections they dissects the Circle. (See earlier versions that have circle placements).

Cireon & naathim have provided the label names research and accuracy, therefore I assume that Stoney Sept is correct to the story & map.

The Title was purposely kept further north so as not to encroach on the port anchor.
-------------------

Has anyone had a chance to review the Capitals yet?
The_Bishop wrote:
I am looking at the caps. And really started the work independently. But I didn't reach something really good yet since I am going to make a comparison with yours. Give me just few more time please Aero and then I will post what I came up with.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
So here my thoughts Aero.

2 caps - I would prefer them both to be internal so you might move the northern one from Frostfang to Thenn. But such a large map for 2 players would be unfair unless of sametime playing since I think players should be able to see both cap's without scrolling.

3 caps - I would move Winterfell to Last Hearth in order to have perfect 5 hop distances.

4 caps - A bit hard. But I don't like how you mixed internal cap's with on border cap's. I can suggest one different placement.

234caps (click to show)

5 to 7 caps - I think I found a nice scheme with all internal cap's. It can be extended also to 8 players adding Lannisport and in case moving Highgarden to Oldtown; but it didn't convince myself.

567caps (click to show)

8 and 9 - I couldn't find anything better than yours for 9 players. But 8 parhaps is a bit too crowded in the South since I can suggest something different.

8caps (click to show)

«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
These are better in most cases, although the 7p Cap's are very uneven in steps.
You also left a 7p Cap off the map, I assume it was supposed to be in Hellholt?

I will input the map now.
Let me know if you intended the Cap to go somewhere else?