Remake
  • 165 posts
  • Page 11 of 11
UltrasPlot wrote:
I also like a bit of unbalance as it adds dynamic to the game rather than sit and wait for the cards to take it all.
aeronautic wrote:
Okay, I have left it a while to gather response to my posts.

It appears that I should just add a bridge to Riverrun - Harrenhall to improve the game-play and this would also keep the 5p, 6p & 7p Cap's legitimately in Riverrun, which I agree with The_Bishop, is the best position of all its alternatives.

For reference (click to show)

If there are no other problems found with the map, connections or intuitiveness, I will give the changes a couple of weeks to see if the extra bridge (only bridge) affects game-play for the better or worse.

I will not be making any test games due to little spare time, but instead I will ask ngammoh for feedback, as he plays this map a few times per day. Feedback from all other players will also be very welcome.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
UltrasPlot wrote:
Admittedly I've only played this map once, but I found that the discontinuity in the Riverlands made for some interesting tactics...
aeronautic wrote:
@UltrasPlot: This discontinuity will still be very much there, as "Saltpans" is only connected to "The Twins" within its region and external access is still only via "The Eyrie" in "The Vale" region. The connectivity of "Riverlands" North to South & East to West, is still the same as before, but instead of being tracked along a single route N/S, it now has more breadth.
It was just the "Riverrun" Cap's position that was the only real complaint and we can't really find a better alternative that doesn't upset the equilibrium of the whole map.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
Like Bisshops said above, you can also shorten the river just a bit.

There are no other bridges on this map, maybe keep it that way.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
@ Matty: I guess you are both right, the river between "Riverrun & Harrenhall" wouldn't have to be shortened much to make the connection and this would still be very much a river filled region.
aeronautic wrote:
I took you guys advice and shortened the river, added a 2 way connection to Riverrun & Harrenhall and overwrote the map.

If there are any LT games in play, they will get an extra surprise connection, I hope it isn't critically important in any games.
Matty wrote:
If I understand well the only difference is a single connection inside a region - that doesn't change gameplay a lot, unless it is the turn before the kill and ppl have setup to block someone.

Small chance for that. And if it is, it's beta but points can be returned (of course, finish the game for the fun :))
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
There has been no feedback whatsoever about the new connection, so as usual, no news is good news.
Seem as everyone is happy I will make Westeros & Essos "Active" this evening.
aeronautic wrote:
Westeros & Essos is out of Beta and can now be played by all players.

Thank you to all the people who helped to develop the map with feedback and suggestion.

Particular thanks to Cireon & naathim for the accurate story & geography information.
Matty wrote:
Thank you aero, it's a beautiful map, and the gameplay is really good as well.
UltrasPlot wrote:
Since I'm complaining about every territory naming mistake on every map I see ( ;) ) there's two typographical errors on this one:

Harrenhall -> Harrenhal
Widows Watch -> Widow's Watch

Totally only for consistency with the other Westeros map ;)
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks again Ultras.
There is no discrepancy between the map and the territory name/card, therefore it is as it was suggested to me by the community.
I can't remember who suggested those particular names, but I know there was quite a bit of discussion about the names and labels.
This may well be "artistic license" where they felt that these names were more suitable or there could be differences in the Book / TV Series / Transcript ???