Remake
  • 165 posts
  • Page 8 of 11
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks for the Cap's Bishop.

Thank you to all those that gave helpful feedback and story information to make this map an accurate representation of Game of Thrones for D12.

This has been one of the smoothest developments I have been involved in yet.

Westeros & Essos is now in Beta.
One way connections have been checked by Vexer.
Could a Cartographer please check spelling etc?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Axobongo wrote:
feedback for aero,, if you go to game 481689 there is some in game discussion of the map. Maybe it'll be easier if you scan through chat by looking at my words and at those points where i mention the map, there was some map discussion by others too, .

or else i could to copy and paste them, i suppose , (my points were 1. clarifying a border 2. possible enhancing river borders with a black line 3. questions about the big 7 region ( but not noted is the understanding that if it were divided into 2 regions, other border connections would possibly have to be devised)

anyways, there ya go,,
HammerTime wrote:
really nice map to all involved..esp like the detail mountains trees ect..nice change from just plain coloured areas..really enjoying the play in death matches...esp in fog..with ports makes for some good across the map attacks :)like the fact you can be attacked or attack from just about any region of the map..as compard to maps that are liner in movement direction.

my only concern is in crownlands an stormlands...my first time playing i had to refere to mini map to see if they were the same area or not...this s no concern if u know the map...but to new players may not catch on right away... other then that its great thus far and see myself playing many games on it :)
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
The_Bishop wrote:
I would say the best looking map ever seen in here! Congrats Aero!

As for the Riverrun cap' is mine suggestion. Yep 2 exits only it is not great, but sometimes it's just the best one can find. You can see many similar cases in the other maps and nobody ever complained about that, except myself once. Then Vexer taught me how to win with a blocked capital: it is not that bad and I have even finalized the technique over the years. The last game I started blocked and people said "oh poor bishop, he's blocked" I said "guys don't be worried for me but be worried for yourself as I have no problem to play blocked" (I didn't win really but it could happen)

When you are blocked and you hold the region you'll grow faster than the others and they will try to win killing all the open cap's so that you have a granted enter in the final with 2 remaining players and if the other fails trying to kill you then you'll easy kill him; or sometimes you can gain advantage being the first of the 2 moving his own forces out -- supposing he is blocked too (probable) and he was forced to retroop back in cap' after the last kill... Well, okay, there are many different situations, but if you are good at cap's you must know how to play blocked.

Apart from this dissertation, the chance of Riverrun being blocked in a 5 player game is approximately 5%, 1 game on 20 (notably less in case of 6 and 7 players), pretty rare in fact. For comparison in World Classic 5 players Peru has around 17.5% chance of being blocked, once every 5 or 6 games.

That being said, if you have better suggestions you are welcome to propose them, and I don't exclude they can exist.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Vexer wrote:
I agree with HammerTime about crownlands and stormlands. Something more must be done to help distinguish the two.
The_Bishop wrote:
Oh yes, I forgot that subject. Honestly I can distinguish pretty well the region borders because of the thicker lines. But it's true that in that case those two regions have similar colors especially where they are bordering. If I look at version #9 there wasn't that problem.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
I haven't ignored any of the feedback, I have no map time this week due to band stuff in the evenings.
I will make the changes as soon as I can.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
Post Edit (click to show)
HammerTime wrote:
yes i did notice the darker territory line..at first glance...but still refered to mini to make sure :)...i know in concept these two areas are one of same..so understand they should be sumwat simaler..this map by far visually imo is the nicest map here..hands down!!!
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
aeronautic wrote:
In Stormlands, I have gone for the look of a bruised landscape.

If the colours are now distinctive enough and acceptable to the aesthetics of the map, please say so here and I will overwrite it?
Matty wrote:
I think it's good. I also like it how you removed the territory lines from the mini map and modified the forests in the north ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I knew you'd notice the little things too Matty... ;)
Yes, just slight enhancements!

So, I'll go ahead and overwrite the map this evening.