map submission
  • 151 posts
  • Page 7 of 11
aeronautic wrote:
I couldn't "pick it up" if it was purple with green spots, I am totally sleep deprived.

That aside, this map is looking very nice! I can't see anything I would change.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
East Indies Capitals Placement (attempt)

Capitals Placement (click to show)

2 Player = KL & Aru
3 = Luzon, Padang, Timor-Leste
4 = Jambi, Palawan, Bali, Manokwari
5 = Thailand, Jami, Mindanao, Bali, Merauke
6 = Thailand, Bengkulu, Timor, Merauke, Mindanao, Sarawak
7 = Thailand, Riau, Lampung, Mindanao, Palu, Merauke, Timor
8 = Thailand, Riau, Lampung, Palawan, Palu, Bali, Timor-Leste, Manokwari
9 = Laos, Singapore, Medan, Lahat, Banjarmasin, Fakfak, Pulau Sumba, Arnhem
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
2 minutes remaining to make that image work Hoody.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
working link capital placement (click to show)
PsymonStark wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

New background texture courtesy of Vexer.

EDIT: Cap proposals. What a headache! And I don't know if they are any good...

EI29 (click to show)
EI47 (click to show)
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
You have done a good job of the Cap's Spy.
I also like the new background, we can always rely on Vexer to go the extra mile.

2,3,8 & 9 seem fine.
I tried to find alternatives with better evenness for 4,5,6,7 but each had pros & cons!
Here is an example of an alternative 4 Cap's with similar distribution. Your suggestion has steps of 5,6,5,6 in a loop and steps of 6 & 7 diagonally across the map, which is the best I could also find for equality in steps. Mine has steps of 6,6,6,5 in a loop and 7 & 8 diagonally, so yours came out the best in steps equality. Both have no ability to hold a region and still use the cap', so both are equal there, yours has 3,3,2,2 adjacent territories and mine has 4,3,3,3 so mine has the least likeliness to spawn block.
Take a look at it and if it is preferred, feel free to use it.
4 Caps Alternative (click to show)

I am still reviewing 5,6 & 7 Cap's

@Hoodlum, for capital placement, there's a rule of thumb where either no Cap's should be on a Bordering territory or all have to be on one. Otherwise, a player can have an advantage of holding a region and still using their Cap to attack. Notice Psymon's 7 Cap placements.
PsymonStark wrote:
There is the same problem on your layout than in mine. Both have an effective adjacent paths of 3/3/2/2. Kampuchea and Pulau Sumba (or Laos and Flores) only have two paths out. They get a territory for a free card but that doesn't improve its connectivity. Mine is 3/2/2/2 but the extra path in KL may compensate for the overly complicated region and the extra length of a route via Penang.
aeronautic wrote:
Yes, all good points Spy, it is probably best to keep them as they are. As I said, you did a good job of the Cap's, because in these island maps with some regions that have few to zero borderless territories, you are restricted to where to place Cap's. Therefore you have found the least unfair combinations.

If there are no other concerns or objections, I think you guys are ready for Beta?
PsymonStark wrote:
PS. After further checking, I think 2p cap Jambi can be in Padang, because it makes it shorter to go via Medan.

Moved the circles to make sure caps won't overlap:
Spoiler (click to show)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
So what's this map waiting for? I'm anxious to play on this masterpiece! :P
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
Map edits required (click to show)
Below are lists of the things I believe that need editing for this map to go to Beta.

Using the last image of the map uploaded, I have placed some circles and squares.
The circles are used to highlight points.
The squares are for gap / size differences.
Circles (click to show)
Squares (click to show)
Hoodlum wrote:
I have a clue how to fix these touch ups, but I don't have the finalized version of the last edits which are in Psymons safe hands.
Luckily, because I had to reformat my computer recently and just deleted the 100's of files I had accumulated helping to build this masterpiece ;)
Matty wrote:
Seriously, how long will it take ppl to make backups of important files.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
It depends on what people thinks it's important!

The "definitive" version:
Spoiler (click to show)
Hoodlum wrote:
since i didn't have the latest edits it wasn't as important. and the latest one that I had before I sent to Psymon to polish it off is still retrievable from the upload i sent. Otherwise, it would probably be the only thing I would save on my computer lol.