map submission
  • 151 posts
  • Page 6 of 11
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I've just spotted a tiny inconsistency between the legend for Singapore and the Singapore on the map. On the legend, the two tiny islands between Singapore and Riau are missing. It's nothing really, but maybe the two islands on the map could be removed, if anything should be done at all.

Map reference (click to show)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

PsymonStark wrote:
Impressive! I thought that no one would notice it :P

Nothing about those in Timor Leste?

The reason is that the drawing is not from the original outline but from a copy. The one with the original outline is too thick and look worse.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I think that the islands that are so small that you can barely make out their colour are not needed, so should be removed. Others may have other opinions on this though.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

PsymonStark wrote:
Hoodlum already said that he wanted to keep every island on the map to maximize geographical accuracy. I don't share this opinion but I'm not going to enforce island deletion.
Hoodlum wrote:
It's ok Psymon if you feel that some islands need to be deleted. I had thought of deleting some but I had gotten use to the critiques on accuracy of things, in reality, there are 1000's of islands not displaying, so whatever makes it work :)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
naathim wrote:
Alter one of the red's to be less similar. And then I say it's ready for beta :P

Or don't alter it and RELEASE TEH KRAKEN!!
PsymonStark wrote:
I have deleted the smallest and most disturbing islands and changed the Java color.

Spoiler (click to show)

*I would say that I already sent this post before...*
Virtuosity98 wrote:
"Ready for beta"... well only capitals are needed now.
Day Actions:

Matty wrote:
Is it my screen, or is the colour from Indonesia very similar to the color of the region bonus on the minimap?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
You mean Indochina?

I don't know. I can distinguish it pretty good.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
It's definitely clear enough for me...
Day Actions:

aeronautic wrote:
I think I know what Matty is saying, the Java on the mini map is a different colour (still red) to that on the main map (purple).
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Vexer wrote:
That may be true but I think he meant Indochina. THe color of the orange region is very similar to the color of the text on the mini map. I have no problem distinguishing the two on my monitor. The numbers are a lighter orange. But you might try desaturating the color of the numbers a bit.
PsymonStark wrote:
You guys are not looking too hard at the map eh? I missed the outline shadow layer for the last update and nobody said a word :P

Spoiler (click to show)

Changed orange to ~yellowish and updated minimap.

On capitals, I won't be having time for a few days if everything is fine, so guys give it a try! ;)
Hoodlum wrote:
i'll give it a try tonight.. i had noticed the shadow layer wasn't added, was waiting for aero to pick it up :D
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.