World Reduced
Alkebulan Africa
Eastern Asia
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay I'm in, in Alkebulan Africa.
I couldn't resist to try this tourney!!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
ENGELBREKT wrote:
SORRY! I NEED TO DROP OUT! I JUST FOUND OUT I WILL NOT HAVE THE TIME NEEDED to play advanced Risk 2023 ! / ENGELBREKT
periwinkle wrote:
Ok done :)

2 spots left! 

Choose 1 of 3....DarkErik will have the last tert available.
World Reduced
Ancient Realm
Eastern Asia
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
periwinkle
pygmyhippo277
so if a player dies they're just out? that means that up to 21 players could be eliminated first round... I would hope that's not the end of it... what if you were a guerilla force that could join like 1 game per round or something and if you won you could take that territory? like you would still have an attack order even if you had 0 territories.

A player is out of the tournament if they don't own a territory on the main map.

Yes...in theory if all the attackers win their game, then yes, half the players will be eliminated...but you are assuming all the games will be 1v1, which will NOT be the case. You can have 3 attackers attacking Brazil....that would be a 1v1v1v1 game.

My post was merely a very unlikely hypothetical meant to illustrate the point that within 5 rounds this tournament could become a 5 player game… I think there is a reason dominating 12 doesn’t have 42 player games. But! I do think that the fact that you don’t have a set number of troops on your territory prevents some of the issues, as well as playing it pretty much like a same time game.
Eat my dust.
dough_boy wrote:
Another possibility is that you could have two 1v1 games. Where I attack my neighbor and they attack me. Scenarios are:

I win, end up with two territories, neighbor is out
I lose, neighbor has two territories, I am out
We both win, we switch territories

I think what really sucks is gambling 40, playing 1 game, and then potentially losing that and another 20+ depending on rank differential. This of course is worse case scenario.
periwinkle wrote:
Yup. Maximum number of games in the first couple of rounds will be 2.

I decided that if a player gets a bonus region on the drop, notify me and I will cancel the game and we can restart a new one. I will write this in the rules under attacking phase. 
franklineld wrote:
franklineld
I’m in. House please
Hmmm… not sure if that’s available actually. I’ll take Eastern Asia if that works.
periwinkle wrote:
franklineld
Hmmm… not sure if that’s available actually. I’ll take Eastern Asia if that works.

Yup that works! :)