The World Dominator Tournament
  • 282 posts
  • Page 18 of 19
The_Bishop wrote:
periwinkle
oops! i miss counted...we just finished round 19...here is the current map after round 19. 

[image]

[image]

Wow finally Russian troops invaded Ukraine! :o
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
periwinkle wrote:
oops...i made an error.....here is the corrected map

[image]
[image]
periwinkle is online.
periwinkle wrote:
Round 20 has begun! You have 25 days to complete your games or it is a draw and the owner keeps their territory. Message me if there is an error within the first round. Here is a countdown clock https://countingdownto.com/?c=5067347
Good Luck!

periwinkle is online.
Xixi2 wrote:
I really like this tournament. Wish there was 10 going on at the same time with slightly different rules until we find the best ones.
dough_boy wrote:
I am not sure I will do another. While it is fun, it is frustrating because of how much it relies on decent dice and drops. For instance this last round I went second in a match. My opponent started with 4 (because of the # of territories). He was able to kill 2 of mine (and not lose any). So this not only dropped me to 3, but it also gave him a bonus. So I had 6 v 8 in one path, and 6 v 9 in another path. I lost them all and resigned. There was never coming back from that. So the game was over before it began for me. It reminds me why I gave up playing 1v1 games because of the crapshoot it is. Occasionally there might be a good, strategic game, but most of them in my experience have been 1 sided pretty quick.
periwinkle wrote:
Here is the current map at the end of Round 20. I will be sending the "attacking request orders" sometime today.....stay tuned

[image]

[image]
periwinkle is online.
periwinkle wrote:
Round 21 has begun! You have 25 days to complete your games or it is a draw and the owner keeps their territory. Message me if there is an error within the first round. Here is a countdown clock https://countingdownto.com/?c=5107211
Good Luck!

periwinkle is online.
periwinkle wrote:
Here is the current map at the end of Round 21. I will be sending the "attacking request orders" sometime today.....stay tuned

[image]

[image]
periwinkle is online.
periwinkle wrote:
Round 22 has begun! You have 25 days to complete your games or it is a draw and the owner keeps their territory. Message me if there is an error within the first round. Here is a countdown clock https://countingdownto.com/?c=5156889
Good Luck!

periwinkle is online.
paceme wrote:
I'd love to do this whole thing again, with a drastically reduced game time limit, like 7 days or less. We certainly won't have a global dominator this time. in fact, it looks like it's nearly a 3-way tie.
dough_boy wrote:
I think tournaments like this where it is primarily 1v1 should have the ability to have games with no rating risk. Then, every round you survive, you contribute say 5 rating. For instance we are at round 22. So that would mean I would have contributed 110 rating. Would be interesting to see how the numbers would work out based on where we are at.

I lost a 1v1 game in 1 round. Someone who lost in the very first round in one game wagered 50 and didn't get anything.
periwinkle wrote:
Here is the current map at the end of Round 22. I will be sending the "attacking request orders" sometime today.....stay tuned

Round 23 will be the final round and will end at the end of Dec 31st at 23:59 server time. Incidentally, it will be 25 days long too! looks like it's going to be an last interesting round and there might be some ties!

[image]
[image]

periwinkle is online.
paceme wrote:
Well, the early voting results are in. :) By my personal analysis:
1st. Xixi2 - 11 territories
2nd. paceme - 9 territories
3rd. doughboy - 6 territories

But there's one game not finished: https://dominating12.com/game/1446484
If Iso wins, he and doughboy end with 5 territories each and split the 3rd place prize of 10% of the pool.
periwinkle wrote:
wow! That was probably the fastest round! There are 17 more days left so we have time for another round! This is the updated map! This will be the final round now!
[image]
[image]
periwinkle is online.