The World Dominator Tournament
  • 282 posts
  • Page 10 of 19
dough_boy wrote:
25 days? That is a lot.

Assuming everything is done sooner then we start next round sooner?
HS0602 wrote:
I think the idea is that games finish a few days before the month ends, then the organizer has those few days to update things and receive attacking orders and creates games. I think that makes it 12 rounds in the tournament.
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
HS0602 wrote:
Otherwise, it won't finish exactly in a year.
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
HS0602 wrote:
But still, 25 days is a lot with increasing cards. Games will get over in a week, max 2.
periwinkle wrote:
Yes, it is plenty of days, but there will be an occasional 3 player stalemate.....and players will get annoyed if the game will be a draw.  It is a fine balance between the two. Keep in mind, both phases are up to 48 hours and 25 days. So if all the games are completed by then, we move on to the next round.
periwinkle is online.
periwinkle wrote:
dough_boy
25 days? That is a lot.

Assuming everything is done sooner then we start next round sooner?

Yes....the attack phase is up to 25 days. We will definitely start sooner if all the games are completed earlier.
periwinkle is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
periwinkle
Xixi2
Question:
Is there a way to defend against someone automatically winning with a +3 ?

no there isn't.

Xixi2
Or the first person with 4 attacking orders can take any territory without another player with a +2 next to it willing to spend both ?
Can I use some attacking orders to defend my own territory for example ?

you need 3+ attacking orders from the 2nd highest bidder to automatically conquer that tert. 

Still one thing is not clear to me. This rule also applies if one attacks from 3 sides a territory that nobody else has attacked? I mean, if the only 'bidder' it's me, then with 3 attacking orders I win the territory directly, right?
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
periwinkle wrote:
There are two cases where you win the territory automatically:
1. Attacking a neutral territory when there are no other attackers
2. When you have 3 more attacking orders/bids compared to the 2nd highest bidder.  
e.g. if you decide to attack Tor with 3 attacking orders and there is only a defender (player B ) you will automatically conquer that territory without a game and avoid a 1v1 game. (AvB )
eg. if you decide to attack Tor with 4 attacking orders and there is a defender (player B ), and 1 other attacking order from another player (player C), you will also avoid a 1v1v1 game (AvBvC) and conquer that territory automatically because you have 3 more attacking orders than 1 attacking order from player C

the attacking orders can come from one territory or 4 territories...doesn't matter.

From the Rules:
Multiple attacks can be ordered out of one territory. If you decided to use 3 or more attacks on 1 territory compared to the other players, you automatically conquer that territory without a battle/game.
periwinkle is online.
FightingDucks wrote:
So if you lose the defense on your territory and don't take anything, are you out of the tournament?
periwinkle wrote:
FightingDucks
So if you lose the defense on your territory and don't take anything, are you out of the tournament?

Yes, that is correct.
periwinkle is online.
periwinkle wrote:
FightingDucks
I'll donate 1,000 battle tokens to whoever knocks out Robbit

hahaha....love it! i have a funny feeling this is going to be quite the interesting tournament!
periwinkle is online.
dough_boy wrote:
FightingDucks
What if it takes multiple to knock them out? Like they have two territories, someone beats them on 1, another on 2?
periwinkle wrote:
dough_boy
FightingDucks
What if it takes multiple to knock them out? Like they have two territories, someone beats them on 1, another on 2?

I assume it would be 500 each then!
periwinkle is online.