What will they look like?
  • 390 posts
  • Page 16 of 26
Matty wrote:
For as far as I'm concerned we pick the rank names from your latest image:
[image]

For reference, Psymon's latest proposal for green colours:
[image]

I trust you (@@Aeronautic) if you say that the kaki one is not a good idea.

Edit from the future - the old and new rank names side by side (click to show)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Here's a Sprite showing what Matty chose and what I now agree with.
(Dimensions: 360 X 545px  File: PNG (transparent) 24.46Kb)
[image]
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
Are the horizontal columns spaced apart evenly? Also, would you mind editing the names as text into that post (or if not possible, make a new one) for easy reference. I don't have time tomorrow, but maybe Thursday or Saturday I can look into which parts of the code have to be changed to allow for this ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
Yes everything is internally symmetrical.
All dimensions to help with coordinates are:

Start position X = 12px Y = 13px (just the way I cropped it by eye)
Rank Tabs: 39 X 20px (Regular Black is 37 X 18, but is positioned centrally in the 39 X 20 area and should really be selected at the same size as the rest)
Horizontal Spacing (gap) 20px
Vertical Spacing (gap) 2px
"Banned" is the exception, it is 2 pixels more from the edge horizontally (14px) and 1 extra pixel vertical gap (3px) and overall dimensions are 36 X 11px as before.
I guess you should be able to plot the ranks easily from those dimensions.

The ranks names are typed for pasting below.
I have added the rank names on an image further below for reference.

Unranked
Dominator
General
Lieutenant General
Major General
Brigadier General
Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Major
Captain
Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Chief Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Sergeant
Command Corporal
Master Corporal
Corporal
Lance Corporal
Private
[image]
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
You may have to do a hard refresh (ctrl + F5), but if you take a look below my avatar, you'll see something nice ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
PsymonStark wrote:
I see a rank, not anything nice :D

Off topic, I need to lose a game.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Cireon, they look good overall.

I look forward to seeing what colours the Premium players now choose.
I also anticipate some positive feedback from those that feel that they've been promoted and negative feedback about CHANGE !! :P

I posted some info in the LL.
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Love the new icons :) it would be cool to see more colours like purple and pink hopefully at some point in the future
You have a keen military mind Pod...
Hoodlum wrote:
I like the red. except for the white. the others just look like a different shade of black to me. I think the green and blue could be more green and blue like the banner colours we have.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
@Hoodlum, yes I agree the blue looks like black. It was intended to look like a Naval (Navy Blue) rank, but when I view player ranks I can't distinguish it from black at first glance.
The Olive looks very green to me, but if others feel the same, perhaps we could go back to the brighter Blue & Green on the demo linked below?

https://dominating12.com/index.php/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/980/premium-ranks/post/40410#post-40410
PsymonStark wrote:
Should Premium be able to use the non premium rank?
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.