Make Dominating 12 look and function better!
  • 385 posts
  • Page 19 of 26
Matty wrote:
Cireon
Apart from the edge case above, are there any issues with this UI? I would like to make this the default for everybody.
The thing where if you click too fast on the attack button you accidentally click the slider and it (approx) halves the troops.

Edit: Explanation with images here: https://dominating12.com/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/3425/relacate-end-turn/post/60660#post-60660
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
Yes, Matty, I have done that on a run myself.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Hoodlum wrote:
maybe the do or die attack as a setting option? prevent the need for overclicking - just the one click to attack
https://dominating12.com/account/settings

✔ Enable automatic do or die attack

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
Hoodlum
a glitch that happens in sametime when using the new movement ui

if you attack a players territory..conquer it, but havent yet sent troops to the territory yet, and then your opponent attacks that same territory,.. it will give an error.. but then the ui wont disappear and your frozen till time runs out.

Here is a screen recording of it. Just stuck until time runs out, while your opponent can continue to play
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
ProblemChild96 wrote:
Strange your move troops function is different from mine
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
Cireon wrote:
Yeah Hoodlum, this is actually a problem on the backend. I've started working on a fix, I just need to test it, but then the server started being overloaded.

ProblemChild, this entire thread is about that move troops UI being different. You should try it. You can enable the beta UI in your user settings.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
Hoodlum
Hoodlum
a glitch that happens in sametime when using the new movement ui

if you attack a players territory..conquer it, but havent yet sent troops to the territory yet, and then your opponent attacks that same territory,.. it will give an error.. but then the ui wont disappear and your frozen till time runs out.

Here is a screen recording of it. Just stuck until time runs out, while your opponent can continue to play

Hood you just have to be quicker on the draw! :)
sfclimbers wrote:
Control to reduce the number of dice rolled when attacking. Specifically, if I want to weaken my opponent, but not conquer him, I want to use fewer dice to ensure that I don't end up taking the country. This is particularly useful when the opponent has a large number of armies one country further than the country in question. I do not want to conquer the immediately adjacent country, since that would expose me to the large forces on the country next to that one. Rather, I want to weaken the immediately adjacent country, but leave it in place such that the opponent 's path is blocked by his own troops and he must use final fortification to get his larger army closer to mine..
sfclimbers wrote:
Provide obvious indication that a new post has been added to the game chat (e.g. bold tab text or change color, or ...). The map refresh rate sometimes has significant lag. So, I keep the game log as the default tab in order to read what happened. As a result, there has been a number of times where I have missed game chat due to not knowing that a new comment was posted.
aeronautic wrote:
Control to reduce the number of dice rolled when attacking. Specifically, if I want to weaken my opponent, but not conquer him, I want to use fewer dice to ensure that I don't end up taking the country. This is particularly useful when the opponent has a large number of armies one country further than the country in question. I do not want to conquer the immediately adjacent country, since that would expose me to the large forces on the country next to that one. Rather, I want to weaken the immediately adjacent country, but leave it in place such that the opponent 's path is blocked by his own troops and he must use final fortification to get his larger army closer to mine..
There is no need to alter programming for this.
Players already actively achieve this by attacking until the enemy is at the desired amount and then they stop attacking.
Perhaps you are looking for a button or slider that limits the remaining amount of defenders, so as not to over attack them by accident or because of the delay?

Provide obvious indication that a new post has been added to the game chat (e.g. bold tab text or change color, or ...). The map refresh rate sometimes has significant lag. So, I keep the game log as the default tab in order to read what happened. As a result, there has been a number of times where I have missed game chat due to not knowing that a new comment was posted.
Re-posted, so that it is not missed by those that can answer it.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
Control to reduce the number of dice rolled when attacking. Specifically, if I want to weaken my opponent, but not conquer him, I want to use fewer dice to ensure that I don't end up taking the country. This is particularly useful when the opponent has a large number of armies one country further than the country in question. I do not want to conquer the immediately adjacent country, since that would expose me to the large forces on the country next to that one. Rather, I want to weaken the immediately adjacent country, but leave it in place such that the opponent 's path is blocked by his own troops and he must use final fortification to get his larger army closer to mine..
This is actually a change to the game rules/how the games work, so it's beyond the scope of just interface changes.

Provide obvious indication that a new post has been added to the game chat (e.g. bold tab text or change color, or ...). The map refresh rate sometimes has significant lag. So, I keep the game log as the default tab in order to read what happened. As a result, there has been a number of times where I have missed game chat due to not knowing that a new comment was posted.
Sadly we don't keep track of what posts you have and haven't read, and we also don't really have a good indicator of when you have actually read a chat message, so I don't think this is something we'll have soon.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
GriffinUcos wrote:
sfclimbers
Control to reduce the number of dice rolled when attacking. Specifically, if I want to weaken my opponent, but not conquer him, I want to use fewer dice to ensure that I don't end up taking the country. This is particularly useful when the opponent has a large number of armies one country further than the country in question. I do not want to conquer the immediately adjacent country, since that would expose me to the large forces on the country next to that one. Rather, I want to weaken the immediately adjacent country, but leave it in place such that the opponent 's path is blocked by his own troops and he must use final fortification to get his larger army closer to mine..

Posted previously by me. Hi, is it possible to use just one or two dice when attacking with more than three armies?

Thanks

Response was "Nope"
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon."
sfclimbers wrote:
aeronautic
There is no need to alter programming for this.
Players already actively achieve this by attacking until the enemy is at the desired amount and then they stop attacking.
Perhaps you are looking for a button or slider that limits the remaining amount of defenders, so as not to over attack them by accident or because of the delay?
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, what you suggest doesn't quite accomplish the goal. For example, if I want to weaken my opponent down to a single army, I would need to continue attacking when they had 2 armies. Yet, by attacking with 3 dice (or even 2 dice), I would risk killing both his armies and winning the country - which is not what I want. As such, the best I can do is leave him with 2 armies. I think that Cireon has provided the ultimate answer, which is that the change requested goes beyond just a UI change. Thank you both. Also, thank you GriffinUcos for your reply.
dough_boy wrote:
While I can understand the logic, I don't see why 1 vs 2 is that significant of a difference, especially considering you would have to attack 1 v 2 to hope to get it down to 1, and how many armies would you ultimately end up losing to leave it as a 1 vs a 2?
sfclimbers wrote:
dough_boy
While I can understand the logic, I don't see why 1 vs 2 is that significant of a difference, especially considering you would have to attack 1 v 2 to hope to get it down to 1, and how many armies would you ultimately end up losing to leave it as a 1 vs a 2?
To answer your question, I wouldn't continue beyond losing a single army in the attempt. Not a big deal. No need to spend any further discussion on it (though thanks for the discourse). Dice count takes on much greater importance when the requirement is to move at least as many troops as dice were rolled. But, since Dominating12 does not enforce that, it was really a 'nice to have' request. I'm satisfied with the rejection.