Game thread
  • 1025 posts
  • Page 54 of 69
Hoodlum wrote:
Abs
Has anyone else been getting messages from people that dont seem real?

I got this today:

pygmyhippo277 said:
31 May 2022, 10:35
You received a message from Anaxagore

Tenn is Opera but 2oC is a Bounty H, this was confirmed by Lando and Hoodlum so lets vote Clubs today 

Did you just send this Anax? Im so confused!

i have no way of confirming 2oC is bounty H, i think he is tho. but anax spinning something suspect!
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
well. lando doesn't wanna save himself. didn't vote.

unvote anaxagore, vote lando, let's see where this leads.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Bluegoetz wrote:
I can’t read all the messages.
There have been instances where a player has sent two messages, I checked to see if it was a mistake, was told it was not, but nothing more.
So either some players can send multiple messages, or some are being forged. Which would go along with what Ely said about the message to clubs the first round
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
After reviewing the votes, lando has been killed.

You are a regular human just trying to make their way through life on earth.

Your job is: Car Dealer

Your starting balance is: $30000

Your amount needed to emigrate is: $60000

The price of your Hover cars is: $5000

You have 4 possible actions during the day and night.

Sleep: You perform no night action, but also protect yourself from the dangers of the night.

Feed animal(Day Or Night): ONLY APPLIES IF YOU OWN AN OUTDOOR ANIMAL(no one starts with one)You go to the roof to feed your animal(real or synthetic) which presents opportunities for socializing with other people who choose to perform this action, but leaves you open to night kills.

Visit(Day or Night): You visit a player of your choice, if you own a hovercar, you DO NOT start with a hovercar(#Visit Player)

Message: You can send one 25 word message to a player of your choice, once per day(#message player: <message>;)

Emigrate: If you have enough money, you may emigrate and leave the game completely, all of your extra money is transferred to a player of your choice.

Spec has also been killed for inactivity, his assets were split among his fellow opera singers.

You are a regular human just trying to make their way through life on earth.

Your job is: Opera Singer

Your starting balance is: $20000

Your amount needed to emigrate is: $32000

The price of your Opera Tickets is: $750

Each day you may invite 3 players of your choice to come see you sing opera, you may speak with each of them in a PM if they come.

You have 5 possible actions during the day and night.

Sleep: You perform no night action, but also protect yourself from the dangers of the night.

Feed animal(Day Or Night): ONLY APPLIES IF YOU OWN AN OUTDOOR ANIMAL(no one starts with one)You go to the roof to feed your animal(real or synthetic) which presents opportunities for socializing with other people who choose to perform this action, but leaves you open to night kills.

Visit(Day or Night): You visit a player of your choice, if you own a hovercar, you DO NOT start with a hovercar(#Visit Player)

Message: You can send one 25 word message to a player of your choice, once per day(#message player: <message>;)

Emigrate: If you have enough money, you may emigrate and leave the game completely, all of your extra money is transferred to a player of your choice.
Eat my dust.
LandoCalriskian wrote:
Hoodlum
well. lando doesn't wanna save himself. didn't vote.

unvote anaxagore, vote lando, let's see where this leads.

Classic hoodlum. I did a no vote. Way to throw another game.

Gg all good luck.
Everything you've heard about me is true.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
long post here but it is worth your time to read it and understand where i think we are

so it seems we have several choices here
1 - we can lynch anax for the same reason we voted lando off = faction 1 is too close to winning. since lando knew he was about to die, he likely transferred all his assets to anax. anax likely has been contacted by the 3rd member of faction 1 (the zoologist) - we do not know how much he started w or what is goal is but it is likely similar to the elec animal's which started w 5k and needs 40k plus a car (5k) and an animal (2.5K) = $47,500 - if we assume the real animal dealer has a similar goal as anax then they need about 95k in assets. they each started w 5k and were gifted the 30k that lando started with and the 20k from selling the 4 cars = faction 1 has at least 60k of the needed 95k - likely more from unreported car sales and animal sales. they can continue to make money from their animal sales - about 2500 per sale - and we all need one (town that is).
35 k or less needed so they need to sell 14 animals - not going to happen - possibly lando sold 2-4 more cars - idk - if 3 more then they need to sell 8 more animals. do the BH need animals? if droids and BH did not need animals then there were only 9 of us townies/faction members that needed animals
-------i am not counting the $50 for daily 25 word PMs for any of these. ------

2 - vote off hood or i from faction 2 - we just lost our 3rd team member. we each started w 20k and need 32k plus the 5k car and the 2.5k dog. spec had done nothing and we each got 10k from him. that means that we have about 30k each plus the 4 opera tickets i sold for 750 each (hood and spec sold none that i know of) minus the 1750 doctor bill i had to pay - all that equals about 61,200 of the needed 79,000. we can make 750 per opera visit w a max of 2250/day each. at this point few people are coming to hear me sing and as players acquire cars and animals - my services will be in very low demand (even tho those who have attended can verify that it is money well spent), and no body is required to pay me like they are the car dealers, animal dealers, doctor, and cop (?) if hood and i together avg 3 opera sales per day (which ain't looking good) - it would take us 8 day phases to make the needed 17,800 - again not likely

3 - vote off a member of faction 3 which still has all 3 members - i think they have found each other and i think they each started w 20k and need 32 plus car and pet (not sure on this part) blue has claimed mailman and is believable - he can make $50 from each of us for about 500 max but i think 25 word PMs have not been used by many so realistically he is getting maybe 200-300 per day and likewise as player get cars and pets = his income will dry up. it seems that the doctor can earn 1750/day - logic dictates that he has already earned 1750x3 = 5, 250 and will earn another 7k over the next 4 days - that brings him to 32,250 (don't know if he has other expenses or been to the opera), i know nothing about the cop but lets just say all his parameters are the same as the doctor (if anybody can report on how much they have had to pay the cop - please do (i will as soon as i have info). we can assume that one of them will sacrifice himself and give all his assets to his teammates. that means faction 3 needs 79,000 also and currently has about 71,000 and will make the other 9000 in 3 days. but they also have to get a member killed to win. (2 members can emigrate but the 3rd can not stay around alive - he has to die or come up w enough assets to emigrate also for him and his team to win). blue is the only one to claim a faction 3 role so he would be the logical target if we pick this option - but also he has the least amount of potential income to contribute to future needs - the doctor and cop do not need his pitiful income to reach their goal. if we keep all 3 of their faction alive - that adds another 39,500 or about about 11 phase cycles for them.

4 - try to ID and vote off a bounty hunter - we think there are 3 of them. the 7 players that do not have publicly claimed/verified roles are peri, orz, 2oc, ryo, jkl, abs, ant - we believe that 3 of these are the doc, the cop, and the zoologist. if we miss and hit the last droid (maybe) - likely the game is over and BH win. if we miss a BH and hit a neutral (if there is one) - we get info and eliminate a threat or an ally. if we take a chance and hit a BH = we get info but faction members are closer to reaching their win clause.

5- no vote - bad move all the way around - we accomplish nothing and the bad guys get another phase to figure out their final target.

we need to keep the cop alive if possible so he can investigate . he may want to report thru me to maintain his anonymity or even thru his teammate blue to ensure we are not targeting the wrong person unintentionally. he should have made 3 inspections by now - give us a report somehow
some of all this is all based off some assumptions that i have no solid info on - some i do. many factors can change or influence one of the 3 factions to win sooner. there may be additional or different sources of income that i am not aware of (i know there is no other for us opera singers).

in summary - i would be in favor of #1 = vote off anax because he is the safest lynch and it does no harm except to him and his unknown to us teammate OR #4 = go for a BH
i am against #2 because it makes the least amount of sense, and against #3 because if we go for the only known member of #3 (blue) we increase their chances of winning - the best defense against them is to keep all 3 of them alive and against #5

i do have more info that i can share in a PM so let me know (or hood know since he knows all that i do if i am full) if you are willing to accept an opera invite by forum post or 25 word PM. btw - i know who you are and would like to chat w you privately (you know who i mean).
 i would like to get my opera chats started early in the phase so that we can talk and analyze things longer - so make your request to attend asap - if you make a request to attend but fail to pay the fee = i will likely try to target you for lynch vote since i can only send 3 invites.
if you have a car = visit me :)
Live long and prosper