DXII MAFIA GAME III
  • 313 posts
  • Page 20 of 21
UltrasPlot wrote:
Legolas approached, bow in hand. Upon sighting a shadowy creature, he opened fire. egirarde was found dead. He was Gothmog.
Role PM (click to show)

It is still Day Four.
UltrasPlot wrote:
Gimli, knowing that victory was near, took leave to return to the mountains. Along the way, he ran into the Dark Lord and fought him in single combat. Amazingly, he emerged victorious. Blackshirts has been killed. He was Sauron.
Role PM (click to show)

The game is over. Middle Earth wins!
Stratosphere wrote:
WOW
Awsome...
We eliminated 5 threats, losing just 2...
such a flawless VICTORY...

Good Game everyone :)
also Forces of Mordor and Smeagle ;)
UltrasPlot wrote:
POSTGAME!!!
Legolas meets up with Gimli and the two of them cast the One back into the fires of Mount Doom, creating a wall of lava which burns out text written in Quenya.

OVERALL MVP: OXEN - Soldier of Gondor

The sheer scale of his PM campaign Night Zero ended the game right then and there. He was remarkably able to gain the trust of all Gondor and Rohan by Day One, and thus create a win out of even worst-case-scenario mafia kills.

Best Middle Earth Power Role: Stratosphere - Théoden

On Night One, he checked all of his Rohirrim, completing the goal of OXEN's N0 campaign, the united front of Gondor and Rohan. He also took the lead after OXEN's death and his ideas were spot on. Essentially, he carried out what OXEN had started.

Best Gollum: iTrend - Gollum

What can I say, he was the only Gollum!!! OX-sense ruined him however.

Best Forces of Mordor: Hoodlum - Sauron / died as Witch-King of Angmar due to the Witch-King of Angmar's role.

Although he gave himself away Day Three by being overly aggressive against votazapjr, he did not know of the massive village organization collaborating with the lynches. Altogether put together some decent plans in an utterly lost situation. JamesKer1 gets an honorable mention for mentoring the Forces of Mordor throughout the game, even after his Day One death.

Thanks to all for an enjoyable game to moderate!
Also thanks to BETA for comodding!

------------------------------------------------------
Now for the thing no moderator wants to talk about: BALANCE ISSUES.

I had nerfed the Ring since the first version of this game had Samwise Gamgee in it to auto-protect Frodo every phase, but I do believe I went far too extreme. BETA was very opposed to this, and I apologize to the mafia, but it would have been no different, the established framework of the OXEN - Stratosphere village leadership would have ended it regardless. Arguably, Faramir and Théoden were too strong, their NX - Retreat to Helm's Deep and NX - Retreat to Minas Tirith full Rohirrim and full Soldier of Gondor guards respectively were powerful, albeit wasted this game. Also, they got 3 checks to use anytime to see if a certain user was Soldier of Gondor or Rohirrim respectively. I should have only allowed one check per night instead of having all 3 usable on the same night. Anyways those are my thoughts. BETA, feel free to post yours.
UltrasPlot wrote:
Here is the full role slate:

Frodo - Sygmassacre
Gandalf - Madagascarter
Legolas - Votazap
Gimli - votazapjr
Théoden - Stratosphere
Rohirrim - 4960epic
Rohirrim - SamuraiX
Faramir - Virtuosity98
Gondor - Toktz-Jad
Gondor - Kellyxc92
Gondor - OXEN
Gollum - iTrend
Sauron - Hoodlum
Saruman - JamesKer1
Nazgul - Blackshirts
Gothmog - egirarde

and here is the postgame log conservatory:

http://pastebin.com/pQfciqis

Also if anyone's interested in any of the powers just PM me. I don't feel like making a hyper long post with spoilers everywhere.
Stratosphere wrote:
Very thanks Ultrix...
it was a very fun game with a very interesting scenario and Roles..
also thank you BETA ;)
well done
Stratosphere wrote:
Ultrix:
Also if anyone's interested in any of the powers just PM me. I don't feel like making a hyper long post with spoilers everywhere.

do it please :D
better than nested spoilers you guys used to make :P
UltrasPlot wrote:
Ok then. All remaining living players will be included below.
Madagascarter (click to show)
Virtuosity98 (click to show)
Kellyxc92 and Toktz-Jad (click to show)
Stratosphere (click to show)
4960epic and SamuraiX (click to show)
Votazap and votazapjr (click to show)
BETA wrote:
ok time to post co-mod postgame thoughts..

well. I think ultra sucked ;D
just kidding great job, on a complicated game.

ALSO, I just noticed your honest assessment on game balance at the end of post #291, and I am VERY PLEASED.
It takes the right kind of moderator to frankly analyze the game balance of the game he just ran.

my postgame musings/thoughts are threefold

1. The players.
itrend, hood, egirarde did a great job learning , showed interest in learning, and some improved and started having fun. good potential.
 ox was relentless. . didnt sleep in a bed for a few days. was also crafty in manipulating the people he suspected of being mafia, leading them on as if he didnt suspect them. was a bit of a bully.
james was nifty. just met some good opposition.
mafia didnt realize that an overwhelming coalition was already formed.
vota actually tried.
kelly was almost actually stalked by ox, (jk)
some basic fakes were to claim ignorance about mafia and lotr.
ignorance about mafia didnt work.
some folks fell for ignorance about lotr.
hood is an up and comer. BUY
kelly has potential, didnt participate enough. HOLD
OXEN. BUY. EVEN LEVERAGE TO BUY!
Strat. WAIT. his stock is worth a lot, but the current market price already reflects that value. ;)

2. the modding.
was good. very helpful.
I thought the game ended up being skewed a little to village, with their unseen ability to swiftly confirm each other by finishing each other's PM's in the case of Gondor. and the relentless effort by oxen.
the mafia was not prepared enough, too many beginners.
good job oxen. he did the extra work.
also, the ring I thought was not enough of a game changer.
mods were very active throughout. helped misconceptions, saving a sleep-deprived ox from totally twisting things out of control.
the inclusion of mods in the pm's was entertaining to us, and I think beneficial to the players.

3. hope to post funny logs soon :)
http://pastebin.com/u/dxiimaf3
OXEN wrote:
Iam a Killah, don't mess with the OX-GOD!!!

What were the new nicknames I should add?? :)