updated August 2013
  • 93 posts
  • Page 1 of 7
1771 wrote:
man it looks AWESOME NoXoN keep up the great work, i can't wait to see the finished map.
Vexer wrote:
definitely an interesting map. much different than all the other maps. it's a small map with only 25 territories and there is very little mobility. it reminds me of panama but with much less mobility. you could control half of the map holding just one territory. in a two player game, depending on where the neutrals end up, one player could end up with a much better start than the other. It like the exact opposite of the saturn map.
Some players might really like the map though because the regions are easy to get and easy to defend.

We won't know for sure if the game play is any good on a map like this until we play a few games so I say go for it in -NoXoN-. lets make this a map.

One thing you have to consider is that you have to fit 8 capitals on this. obviously no one is going to want to play an 8 capital game on this map but it needs to be programmed anyway so that the game doesn't glitch in case someone accidental creates a game with 8 capitals.

Here are a few questions for you. I noticed that the image is 800 x 500 pixels. did imageshack re-size it or is that the size you made it? Maps should be 1024 pixels wide.

Are the territories broken up by actual real life regions or are they just made up?

What program was this done in? photoshop, paint.net or gimp?

so it looks pretty good. it's very basic and not too fancy which makes it easy to read.

I'll have more to say once you get the region bonuses done and the territory names.

We all very much appreciate your willingness to volunteer your time to make more maps for the site.
-NoXoN- wrote:
 Thanks. I will continue and see what can i do.

@Vexer - Are pixels now ok ? but we can change as we need them.
 Islands are real and there are more island on north so if you wish we can make 5 more islands , they are very small on size but i made the bigger so they looks better on map. I use Fireworks CS5 .

here is small update :
 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/814/mapofcubaupdate.png/

Vexer wrote:
imageshack says the image was removed

Ok now i understand about the islands. I think it would be better with a few more territories but if those 5 islands are much smaller than the other ones then I'd say leave them off. you can also break up the main island into smaller territories.

I am actually quite surprised that you would make a map like this because your strategy wouldn't work very well on this map.

I actually had never heard of fireworks CS5.
Pntbttr wrote:
I think it is amazing. But you could make the names a little bigger.
1771 wrote:
I don't know about juventud with it only being one territory it means someone will always start off with some kind of head start, although that could make for an interesting twist. I like the map though, looks great!
-NoXoN- wrote:
ok if you wish i can make one more island near JUVENTUD or i can make JUVENTUD island bigger and to divide it on 2 parts.
 Anyway bonus +1 is not that big.