updated August 2013
  • 93 posts
  • Page 2 of 7
1771 wrote:
Yeah NoXoN, I am on the fence about Juventud, because with it only being one island I think it adds a cool little twist. I just don't know, I say it's your map, do it how you think would be the best. I like it so I am going to play it either way.

Vexer, Lucide what do you think about the juventud island? Just curious.
Vexer wrote:
I will play it either way myself but I think most people would like it split in two or add that other island.

I apologize that am quite busy with votazap's map and haven't been able to devote a whole lot of time to this one. I am hoping lucide will take over and get this one finished and added to the site.
lucide wrote:
Well, this map "tries" something new: multiple australia-like bonus regions. This surely worths a try. The quality of gameplay is hard to forsee without any actual game, but it looks like this map favors defensive gameplay -unlike africa or eld-world maps, where you always feel the pressure of an attack and also need to attack.

Personally, i do not enjoy defensice games, they took too long. I would offer to divide the main island into 3parts, and add some "ports" -just like the panama map- between islands.

The design quality is not bad, I always like the old-looking pirate-map backgrounds. But the colors need better shading/shadowing.

I have an idea: I am curious, Teck, can we insert a javascript component like google earth, so that we can scroll through the map? May be we can store the positions of territories relative to a center(say the center) so that after scrolling, we can still locate the territories? We can then add a map that is circular, like a globe? Even, a 3D looking map would be great! That really would make this place unique.
Teck wrote:
Hi-NoXoN-,

This map certainly looks pretty promising. Thanks a lot for your effort dude. My only concern would be the same as the others as that Juventud only has one continent. Perhaps adding up another continent or so would be better in my opinion. However, again mentioned before I like the 'twist'. Go ahead with your ideas and I'm with you. We'll only know if it works after we try out a few games.

This map is suitable for less players since it is small and capital game for more players might be very hard.
1771 wrote:
A 3-D map sounds AMAZING!!! BEAST as my 13 and 16 year old would say..lol!! We should keep it on the hush hush so another site don't creep in here and snag it :) WE NEED ONE OF THOSE!!!!!!!!!
Vexer wrote:
i had also thought about doing 3d maps after I found the program google sketchup which I am using to make the baseball stadium for votazap's map.

I think it would be hard to implement but I guess I only say that cause I have no idea how to do it. But for now it should be very low on the priority list.
-NoXoN- wrote:
ok here here last update. No more names with 2 colors and JUVETUD island is in to places .

http://imageshack.us/f/51/mapofcubanoxon.jpg/

CAPITALS 2-8

2 PLAYERS: HAVANA - LAS TUNAS
 3 PLAYERS: KEY - CAYMAN - D. REP
 4 PLAYERS: KEY - CAYMAN - D. REP - SNUG
 5 PLAYERS: BIG PINE - JUVE - JAMAICA - D. REP - SNUG
 6 PLAYERS: BIG PINE - JUVE - CAYMAN - D. REP - SNUG - MORONS
 7 PLAYERS: BIG PINE - JUVE - MATANZAS - LAS TUNAS - JAMAICA - D. REP - CLARENCE
 8 PLAYERS: BIG PINE - JUVE - MATANZAS - LAS TUNAS - JAMAICA - D. REP - GEORGE TOWN - MATTHEU

If you have any idea about capital place plz tell us.

Vexer wrote:
Here are my suggestions for capitals. the double arrows >> indicate a substitution.

2 PLAYERS: HAVANA - LAS TUNAS
Suggestion: Cayman, Snug

3 PLAYERS: KEY - CAYMAN - D. REP
Suggestion: Matanzas, Cayman, Snug

4 PLAYERS: KEY - CAYMAN - D. REP - SNUG
Suggestion: Matanzas, Cayman, D. Rep, Snug

5 PLAYERS: BIG PINE - JUVE - JAMAICA - D. REP - SNUG
Suggestion: Snug >> Clarence

6 PLAYERS: BIG PINE - JUVE - CAYMAN - D. REP - SNUG - MORONS
Suggestion: Moron >> Santa Clara

7 PLAYERS: BIG PINE - JUVE - MATANZAS - LAS TUNAS - JAMAICA - D. REP - CLARENCE
Suggestion: Snug >> Clarence

8 PLAYERS: BIG PINE - JUVE - MATANZAS - LAS TUNAS - JAMAICA - D. REP - GEORGE TOWN - MATTHEU
Suggestions:
George Town >> Clarence
Las Tunas >> Matahambre
Matanzas >> Santa Clara

Since no one seems to be helping figuring these things out these days, I guess it is up to you Noxon, to figure out which is better.
Vexer wrote:
Ok Noxon decided to go with the suggestions. i noticed while I was inputting the capitals that I screwed up on 7p; it didn't need a change.

Noxon is going to make some improvements using a different background. the map has already been inputted into the system so after he is done then the map will be playable.
Vexer wrote:
Here is the final version. I think it looks awesome. The paper background is much higher quality, the colors are better, and the mini map looks way better than the old legend.

I very very pleased and grateful for -NoXoN-'s work. Please everyone say thank you.

The map should be available within a day or two. Just one thing left to do.

[image]
Vexer wrote:
The map is now live on the site. Turns out it is a great 2 player map--very interesting strategy. Can't wait to see what other types of games it is good for.

Please remember to thank -NoXon-
-NoXoN- wrote:
We will change name of map to CARIBBEAN and map is much better after editing. Now CARIBBEAN map have texture. There are some different regions and connections, Here is new version of map:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/caribbean.png/
1771 wrote:
Love it, I say go with this for sure bro, not so blocky. I liked the previous version, but I definetly agree this one is better. You got skills my friend!!!!!!
Vexer wrote:
This map is back. But it's now called Caribbean

there are also some changes to the capitals:

2 PLAYERS: Fort Meyers, Jamaica

3 PLAYERS: Fort Meyers, Cayman, D. Rep

4 PLAYERS: Havana, Cayman, D. Rep, Snug

Some connections were changed, that is why the map was taken down. All the current games had to finish before I could change it. It is possible that I made a mistake with the changes so please report any bugs you find to me.