updated August 2013
  • 93 posts
  • Page 4 of 7
Fendi wrote:
There is this calm, neutral feeling about it that I like. The mini-map numbers are a nice touch but it almost looks like a yellow blob when you have the 1 directly over the yellow region. (Or maybe my eyes are starting to fail me..lol)
The connection lines are a huge improvement.
urgul wrote:
would connecting haiti and jamaica improve the gameplay? They both seem like 'australias' and they are easy to keep
marcoxa wrote:
also i dont think the font of the title matches the map very well.
Vexer wrote:
@urgul we are not going to change the gameplay. This map has been this way too long to change it. If we want a map with better gameplay then we'll make a new map. Most of the players who like and play this map don't know any better anyway.

@Marcoxa the font is the same font as the previous version. You are welcome to find a new font for me but I don't want to spend any time on it since I think it looks fine and no one else has complained about it.
urgul wrote:
i personally like them. the last colors look ugly compared to these
elysium5 wrote:
Sorry, I do not like this new version. It is too hard on the eyes(mine, anyway). I like the concept of the blue water surrounding the land(being tropical and all) but I would prefer a softer blue. The ocean tends to draw away from the land where the gameplay is.
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
elysium5 wrote:
Also, if you've been to the Caribbean, the water there has a more greenish blue tint than just a blue. Makes it look warm and inviting.
Vexer wrote:
Well, it took me awhile to figure out how but I think I've managed to tint it green a little without it looking gross.

http://www.dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/Caribbean%20Risk%20Map5.jpg

I'd especially like to hear opinions from elysium5, Matty, Fendi and Thorpe.
elysium5 wrote:
Not the colour I envision when I made my previous comments but forget what I said about the greenish blue as I think it would still be too hard on the eyes.

This new shade of blue looks perfect to me. It's soothing and not hard on the eyes at all. I like it.
elysium5 wrote:
The fade in and out of dark to light and back to dark really gives it that tropical feel.
elysium5 wrote:
And the just slight greenish tint with the softer texture makes it look very nice while putting the focus back on the gameplay area. (I had pictured it more greenish but I think that would make it too bright again). Again, I like it now much, much better. (Sorry I posted three times but I had to keep lokking at it to see if I really thought it was the right shade. I think it is perfect).
Matty wrote:
It's hard to comment on this map, especially because I don't like it.
For some reason it doesn't look finished.

The "Carribean" text (title) is very clean, straight, modern, where everything else is rough (well, the minimap border is clear and clean too, but I guess you should change that one as well).

The texture on the land and sea don't differ much (do they differ at all?).
The colour on the land and sea don't differ much either, if I would add a light blue region, it would be exactly the colour the sea is now...
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Fendi wrote:
The colour of the ocean looks good but I miss the roughness. I think it would be good if you added the texture to the ocean from the previous version but toned it down a bit because right now, everything looks so smooth.