updated August 2013
  • 93 posts
  • Page 5 of 7
Matty wrote:
Im still nto sure on the ocean colour, but maybe that's just me.

Nice work on the border and the minimap number drop shadow. These details make it so much better.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Fendi wrote:
I think it's done now. Not sure what else to say other than nice work.
Vexer wrote:
This is where the color for the ocean came from:
http://travel-prize.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/caribbean.jpg

I picked 4 colors from different spots on the ocean and made a gradient with the darker blues on the top and bottom and the 2 green blues in the middle. Then I overlayed it on top of the old light blue color.

If I tried to make it more green like the photo by picking the lighter green colors then the map was too bright and too hard on the eyes. If I made it darker then it lost the tropical look. My conclusion is that we either go with this color or we give up on the whole theme and go back to a paper background.
Fendi wrote:
I'd rather not go back to the paper background. You can't please everyone so just leave it as it is.
Matty wrote:
I just say what I think, you are free to disagree, there is nothing wrong with that (as a matter of fact, it would be wrong if you never disagreed).

I will not play this map very often anyway for its gameplay, just sharing my thoughts ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
urgul wrote:
hey, why doesn't the carribean double map have the same ocean color as the caribbean map? That doesn't make much sense now, does it?
Matty wrote:
It had the same colour before Vexer improved the single version.
The double map needs more improvement than the sea alone though, and it's not that popular either, so it can wait.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
Wouldn't be posible to link George Town with Santa Clara and delete the link of Matthew with the big Island.

This would make fairer the caps games in this map (especially games with 4 or 5 players). The bonus should be reduced to 2

If this change were done, maybe to make a commom border Moron-Santiago (reducing the area of Santa Clara province) would improve the gameplay
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
urgul wrote:
Muzane, with all due respect, Caribbean is one of the most popular maps on the site. I don't see why it must be changed.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
My suggestion comes because of that; it's a very popular map and if you play a 4p game you can always read the complaiments of the player who has not chance to get a bonus.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Vexer wrote:
Don't play 4p caps on the map. Most maps have certain settings that just don't work on them.

Alternatively instead of changing this map, make a Carribean2 map with the changes you want. Or make a map with a made up shape that has the connectivity you want.
rez-i-dent wrote:
Guys can you make this map playable on 4 players? The suggestion above to connect George Town to Santa Clara makes a lot of sense and it would be nice to put the capital on George Town to give that player at least something to fight for and a reason to keep playing and interested in the game.

I play 3 players all the time just to avoid anybody getting snugged. The only way to sin from Snug is through luck. Putting the cap on George Town at least gives that player something to fight for and it would change the whole gameplay for the better.