Map Creation
  • 230 posts
  • Page 12 of 16
aeronautic wrote:
We just need Psymon to sign it off now, if he is happy with it.
Texas 14 (click to show)
Texas 15 (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
PsymonStark wrote:
Sure I am! The complete revamp was a big success in my opinion.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Hoodlum wrote:
looking awesome bro, your gonna get me inspired again, cut it out! :). can't wait to play it
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Psymon, I'll make a start on the Cap's tonight, or were these worked on in the set up stage, I can't remember?

@Hoodlum, I'm only glad I learned graphics before you or there would have been a "Cartmin" instead of a "Maperator" !! ^^

@naathim, Thank You, you created this, I just painted it!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
I've had a go at the Capitals, it's a start and may give ideas of positions.
Texas Caps 2-5 (click to show)
Texas Caps 6-9 (click to show)
momagajic wrote:
Exelent i like settings ,gameplay is opened whit sheriff badges..I hawe nothing to complain about positions it is ok..Let us try :)
aeronautic wrote:
What is the feedback on the Capital positions, any errors?

I have input what I have above, if we need to move any or change them all, here is the easy access list:

brazoria------ 8,9
brewster------ 2,4,6
comanche------ 5,7
crosby-------- 3,4
culberson----- 7
falls--------- 8,9
grimes-------- 7
jeff davis---- 8,9
kimble-------- 5,6,7
lamar--------- 7,8,9
lamb---------- 5,6,9
maverick------ 8,9
mills--------- 6
presidio------ 5
rusk---------- 2,3,4,5,6
starr--------- 8,9
tom green----- 8,9
webb---------- 3,4
wheeler------- 7
young--------- 8,9
zapata-------- 6,7

The only real problem that I couldn't avoid was 7p Comanche - Wheeler
It has 4 unavoidable steps. If I move Comanche away it is too close to Grimes & Kimble and if I move those Cap's they will be too close to other Cap's and Sheriff Posts.
If I move Wheeler, it too will be too close to other Cap's and/or the Sheriff Post.

Edit: I have moved 5 from Brewster to Presidio
Moved 3, 5 & 6 from Red River to Rusk due to 2 exits and it worked out better anyway.
Moved 5 from Mills to Comanche to even up the steps.

5p in Presidio now has 3 adjacent territories, but only 2 exits. If this will be a problem it will have to go back to Brewster?
aeronautic wrote:
I have done all the connections and Vexer has checked for 1 way connections.
I have added the amended Capitals above.
I am just waiting for someone to confirm or re-suggest the Capitals and I will make it Beta tonight.
If not, I will have to do it in 10 days from now, when I return from vacation.
aeronautic wrote:
I have sent the thumbnails to Vexer and decided to make it Beta now.
Psymon or naathim will take care of any amendments to Cap's etc whilst in Beta and the thumbs will appear when Vexer picks up his messages.

Thank you to everyone who helped develop the map, well done naathim, this looks like a good set up. Also thanks to jonboy1967 for the native information.
HammerTime wrote:
just had to say again...AWESOME map ...i have seen no issues or complaints thus far.
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
huskers01 wrote:
Ive played this about 15 times already and I love it. The gameplay is smooth and fluid. I think maybe a bridge in the east is needed. Most of the gameplay is on the perimeter because the middle is so big its impossible to control and/or defend. maybe a lake or two could help with the middle play. Again love this map cant wait to see if its changed or left alone. either way im going to continue playing it. Thx d12 for the great work your putting in to make this site a great place to play risk. THIS SITE ROCKS
naathim wrote:
I think a bridge between Cherokee and Limestone would not be unreasonable. It shouldn't mess with distances between ports. But I'm sure it would effect caps somewhat. Thoughts?

Keeping the center wide open is good for if you get a bum start and can't get going anywhere, let's you live a few rounds and get a second chance.
elysium5 wrote:
http://www.dominating12.com/index.php?cmd=game&sec=play&id=519213

Possible glitch with this map. I haven't been able to figure out how machine55 received the troops he did. Here is the original message I received:

Deepdaleduck said:
08:38 PM, 14 August 2015
Hi, thanks for looking into this game.

Black received 31 troops at the start of his last turn which he was not entitled to. He had 11 territories at the start of his turn so his award should have been 3. He then used the awarded troops(31)plus the 11 he had, a total 42. He lost only 7 of those troops in gaining 16 territories from me and 1 from Loki. At the end of his turn per the games current standing he has 35 troops and has a bonus due of 14 next turn. This is correct based on what happened

The one problem is the overpayment of 28 troops at the start of his turn. without the overpayment of 28 he would have been taken out by my partner Loki. We are down to the last 4 standing out of 9 players so it has happened at a very significant time in a very long term game. I have checked all the numbers and they are correct. That is the beauty of the game log
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Vexer wrote:
No glitch in the amount of troops he got. Just a glitch in the timestamp for the log entry.

Look at 14 Aug, 03:46:35