Experimenting / Learning
  • 587 posts
  • Page 14 of 40
Hoodlum wrote:
Here's my try to fix up the mentioned. tried a few things.
late night update..yawwwwn (click to show)

aeronautic wrote:
Those yellow region territories are much better, but Apure is now a tad similar to Bolivar.
The outer shadow/dark glow on the land, is about the right size and spread now, it just needs to be a bit darker.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
cbt711 wrote:
Vera Cruz should be stacked like Nuevo Leon is so the attack line isn't going through the text. In the same way, Louisiana should be re-positioned so it is also not on the attack line.

It looks really good. I agree with Aero about the outer shadow.
Hoodlum wrote:
label adjustment / shadow darken, territory colour change

#22 (click to show)
PsymonStark wrote:
I have to say that many labels need a name change. We'll be correcting that later though. As an example, Vera Cruz needs to be Veracruz, the name used since 17th century.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Hoodlum wrote:
Had a read through the original West Indies thread, and adjusted place names that you (Psymon) asked to change.

Numbers in neutrals = # of adjacent territories

Label changes (click to show)
PsymonStark wrote:
Thanks! A couple of names are still wrong (following your mix of current regions and 1830 regions):

In Mexico, Tobasco should be Tabasco and Zaragoza should be Coahuila.
In Lesser Antilles, Windward Islands, not Winward.
In yellow region (should be named Gran Colombia, instead of S. America):
Venezuala should be Venezuela
Caucu should be Cauca
Boyaca should be Boyacá
For temporal coherence (19th century), Monagas should be Orinoco.

All of this is correct for 1820-1830. To be fair, Panamá was part of Gran Colombia at that time.
The_Bishop wrote:
Then while you are there... Caucu/Cauca has 3 adjacent territories! :P
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
As pointed out by Psymon, Panamá was part of Gran Columbia in this era. You could actually change Panamá to yellow and make it part of Gran Columbia, it would make no difference to game-play, just the bonuses.

Also, I believe I read earlier that The Panamá Canal was not in existence in this timescale. It would look better without it anyway.

I can't remember what was discussed with the previous author about Trinidad & Tobago, but they look out of place as part of the Caribbean Windward Islands colours, they are so close to Gran Columbia and not in use for game-play that they'd look better as yellow islands or even neutral colour.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
PsymonStark wrote:
I suggested that to change a bit gameplay regions compared to Central América map. Also, @aero Gran Colombia, not Gran Columbia ;)

I don't know what to say about T&T.
Hoodlum wrote:
I think i got everything

Update 100 (click to show)

*edited - bonus changed back :)
PsymonStark wrote:
Thanks Hood! The only thing is blue region should be still a 3. It has the same territories and borders than the green one.
aeronautic wrote:
Are you keeping the Panama Canal?
cbt711 wrote:
T&T should be yellow. Looks funny empty or like it's full of water. I'm a huge fan of this map. Very cool. Sid Meier's Pirates is like my favorite game all time and it's this exact map all game.

----------------
Edit, for reference (click to show)
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes you are right, it's a very similar map:
Sid Meier's Pirates (map) (click to show)

On the same subject. I found this:
Spanish Main 1560-1700 - (width 1440 px's) (click to show)
From the site http://gamesdbase.com/ I don't know if it is the same game or a copy of that. The map looks like it is accurate geographically and historically. What I find interesting is the historical names. South America here is called Terra Firma and the Pacific Ocean is called the Great South Sea. Can someone confirm if these names are accurate or not please?
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein