Experimenting / Learning
  • 587 posts
  • Page 33 of 40
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
Filled in some trees. Changed the title from The Gold Coast to Gold Coast.

As a local, we usually say we live on the gold coast, or The GC. Gold Coast doesn't sound wrong however..
similar to Philippines and The Philippines.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

Played/tested the game twice now:

https://dominating12.com/game/889356
https://dominating12.com/game/897990

I like it!
I think the distribution of regions and their boni is pretty sweet (good borders too - maths included).
Most of the routes are pretty straightforward, no real surprises.
Aesthetics are top notch imo :)

If someone wants another cool idea for a map..... here goes:

[image]
http://www.limburgtourismus.de/images/kaart.gif
https://nl.maps-netherlands.com/img/1200/europa-kaart-nederland.jpg
+ 2 more links/maps to get a better feeling of where Limburg actually is - in case someone doesn't already know so :p

;) Limburg - the Dutch part of it!

*edit
To make the Limburg map playable... I suppose some train stations should get placed, e.g. at Venray, Venlo, Weert, Roermond, Sittard, Maastricht, Heerlen (there are also in reality pretty big (relatively speaking) train stations there), to allow for attacking from 1 place of the map to another (as it'll otherwise just be 1 long vertical stretch...)
Could get more detailed maps of the area with more villages printed there - in case anyone is interested in trying to make a map out of it =)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
Wow so many good maps Hood.

Why not make threads for them and see what feedback they get to develop them?

There's Arctic Circle, Gold Coast and Axis & Allies, all good maps.... as you know, you'll need feedback on the game-play first.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
ProblemChild96 wrote:
Maby a Great Lakes and surrounding areas map could be cool
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
Hoodlum wrote:
jungle of despair playaround -
tree dabble (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
ProblemChild96 wrote:
The only inconsistentsies I see are in original Cobra and Chameleon touch, and Tarantula and Grasshopper don't seem to touch, not sure if these changes were intentionall or not but I do think they have a positive effect on the gameplay.
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
Hoodlum wrote:
ProblemChild96
The only inconsistentsies I see are in original Cobra and Chameleon touch, and Tarantula and Grasshopper don't seem to touch, not sure if these changes were intentionall or not but I do think they have a positive effect on the gameplay.

good eye. both mistakes but agree
elysium5 wrote:
I am so happy to see this map again/being worked on. I loved playing it!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
ProblemChild96 wrote:
I miss the basketball map, I'm not a big fan of basketball in real life but I thought it was a good map (especially for 2p).
elysium5 wrote:
I liked the unique game play on the basketball map as well.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Hoodlum wrote:
game of thrones / d&d fantasy theme.
Spoiler (click to show)
Matty wrote:
Why that map though? It doesn't have a very good gameplay :S
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
Persia dabble
is 52 territories
Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Nice! I've always thought this area would make a great map with very centre-focused gameplay :) You make it look amazing as always Hoodlum!

I personally think this map deserves its own thread, then we can talk more about aesthetics and territory boundaries and names, and also throw around ideas for gameplay. One territory (Israel/Palestine area) is missing a name :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
Could you make that themed with territory names from the time of Alexander the Great? (Or Cyrus or something?)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria