cbt's latest project
  • 175 posts
  • Page 7 of 12
cbt711 wrote:
So something like this combo of the two?
Spoiler (click to show)

With all bonuses equal and +2, not sure I need the mini map, but that's a lot of empty water without one.
PsymonStark wrote:
Me like very much this one. Shadows look very good.

I have a thing to say...could you try a rowboat on the sealink? Don't waste a lot of time, just to see if it looks nice or not.

I would like to see it with text (and with circles after that). What will you surprise us with?

Here in full resolution (click to show)
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
BETA wrote:
AMAZING. APPROVED. INPUT please. :)
This just WOW-ed me :)
cbt711 wrote:
Ugh can't edit anymore. Anyone use photopaint (corel)? My mouse is stuck in a grid pattern, and no I don't have and stuck keys. I have no idea how to undo that. Frustrating.
cbt711 wrote:
What if I put the old mountains with this transition effect?
Spoiler (click to show)

(that was not easy :) )
aeronautic wrote:
I like the way the terrain blends into the lowlands, that's exactly what I had in mind, I don't know whether or not you can match it up to the mountains you made, but the two have to match in lines of perspective from the lowlands through the mountains. Also the tunnel entrances have to match the perspective and relative size.
Here's the alternative track I just made for you to use as a layer if you want it? Usually the drop shadow won't stay with a transparent GIF so put it at 75% Opacity, 90 degrees (directly below), size 1 spread 1.
http://www.the-inkstore.co.uk/frame/track.gif
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
cbt711 wrote:
Thanks aero! Tunnels won't really match perspective size in that I want them to be relatively equal to each other, and they should be smaller as you get further away, north smaller than south. It's tricky adding 3D elements to a game map. As you obviously know! Still loved those mountains you made.
aeronautic wrote:
That inner shadow type effect you asked about on the Melee map, was this and the colour is black:
http://www.the-inkstore.co.uk/frame/Inner_Glow_Effect.jpg
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
cbt711 wrote:
I tried to replicate it with glow and a dark color. :( it didn't work, wouldn't pick up on some colors. Then changed the blend mode and it showed. If you look at anchor bay rev A on the first post you can see I did almost the same effect with inner shadow instead. Once I saw the noise slider from what you said, I realized I was stealing your look :)
cbt711 wrote:
Ok, here goes a combo of everything good.
Spoiler (click to show)
Fendi wrote:
The water is looking much better, well done! and the anchor in the title is a nice touch. I'm just wondering if it's possible to make the land appear more rough by making the texture a tad more visible and maybe enhancing the dark spots a little more because right now, it looks a little boring when there's no variety in the colours.
cbt711 wrote:
Ok but it looks to have a lot of texture on my screen. SOmetimes the computer brightness or just device you are on (phone tablet laptop) makes a huge difference.

Do you like the red region here?
Red Region Dark Texture test (click to show)
naathim wrote:
This looks wonderful.

Although you haven't sold me on the glow along the coast.
Fendi wrote:
The red region looks great, but the whole darkish theme that you have on the land makes it look too dark..