cbt's latest project
  • 175 posts
  • Page 2 of 12
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I like the railroad gameplay-wise, but can it be less curved? They are usually far more direct in real life.

As for the title, would "Seafront" work?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

cbt711 wrote:
yeah the mountains aren't even drawn yet so I'm not worried about the shape of the connection line. The map won't look much like this at all. The ONLY thing that is in it's final stage is the shore line, and the rivers, and obviously those are vector driven, so even they can be re stroked for various looks if needed.

Now all regions have 2 borders, and 3 bordering territories they can be attacked from.

Another option is to split the mountain side regions into sets of 4 instead of 3. So 3 sets of 4, and 4 sets of 3. The 4 would have 3 borders and be worth +3 in the draft. The 3 would have 2 borders and be +2 in the draft.

OR I just keep it dead even as is.
Madagascarter wrote:
I don't get how 9 player capitals will work here. I think maybe in the grey there should be a region. Or you can create an island in the sea connecting to the pink and orange region via Eurostar ;)
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Madagascarter said:
I don't get how 9 player capitals will work here.

Well I don't see how 9 player capitals work in Saturn or Caribbean. The fact is, a small map will never work for more than 6 players, but this map will work fine for 2-4 players as it is currently.

@CBT: I'm not sure about your +3 regions until I see a sketch. I know that's extra work but if anyone else voices a preference then don't bother.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

cbt711 wrote:
I'm going to just forgo worrying about 9p caps. I don't think the more commonly played game types this was designed for should suffer to just cut and paste a 9p game together.

I think the new Title should be any of these words alone or in conjunction:
Coastal
Rocky
Shore
Cove
Bay
Seaside (or seafront via virtuosity)

Leaning towards 'The Cove'

Oooh ooh (edit)... The Rocky Cove

I like that, or maybe go with some made up city name like Aalgacove, that way it's at the top of the map list when you create a game haha!
PsymonStark wrote:
I think we shouldn't bother with 9p caps on this map. Something will probably be assigned but just because the option exists.

EDIT: Meh, 3 seconds late :P I like The Cove. EDIT (again) and the Rocky Cove too. I'd say Rocky Cove (without 'the', because no map has articles in its name)

Stop editing that post! :P
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
To be honest I prefer "The Cove" to "The Rocky Cove".
Day Actions:

cbt711 wrote:
4 and 3 splits (click to show)

Alternate splits on this one:

Seaside regions:
4 of them, 3 territories each, 2 borders each, +2 draft bonus each

Mountainside regions:
3 of them, 4 territories each, 3 borders each, +3 draft bonus each.
cbt711 wrote:
Any other input? I like the completely equal concept, but the second version would be more well rounded overall, and could actually support a great 3, 4, and 6 player caps game.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I like both formats but I think the new one (with 3 +3 regions) is slightly better.
Day Actions:

Fendi wrote:
Maps 5139759 and 5139622 are both good. Either one works for me.
cbt711 wrote:
I am going with completely equal and here is why. Check out the caps for 3 player and 4 player with 8 equal regions vs. a mix of four by 3 and 3 by 4 regions.
equal (click to show)
mixed (click to show)

It is just dead even with the first version, and I'm not going to lie, I really like it. (ignore the yellow bridge, that was just temporary to see some caps positions.
Matty wrote:
If you look at this one:
http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/5139759.jpg

You will see that the regions do not really correspond 1 on 1 with the regions induced by the rivers.

The other map fendi mentioned has that.

I think in real life not all borders follow rivers exactly, therefore I'd choose the 5139759 version.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
cbt711 wrote:
This is for game plays sake, I can move the rivers if I went with that version. :)
(But I like the even splits anyway, so you win! haha)