cbt's latest project
  • 175 posts
  • Page 10 of 12
cbt711 wrote:
I love the faint look (on the last one), but I'm a fan of World classic's transparent look, and Africa's dodge burn overlay look, so transparent is cool to me now.

Vota, which one do you like now?

Also I'm not changing the mini map every update as it would have been changed 17 times thus far, I'm changing it at the end when everyone is happy, just the once :) Sorry about that dsds.

top of page reference post (click to show)
Vexer wrote:
This looks better.

The orange is a little strong and the color for spring falls is just gross. Needs less gray, more brown. Try +3 saturation, -13 hue. Then you'll need to make the green darker to match.
Votazap wrote:
I like the newest one, funny how different it looks mobile from a laptop or with a different brightness setting.
BETA wrote:
Am I missing something?
Or are the southern train tracks no longer aligned with the path through the mountains?

Also the southernmost river again looks different from the others?
PsymonStark wrote:
I have a few remarks:

1st, Black Mountain in Spanish is Montaña Negra.
2nd, it is just me, or in yellow region borders are thinner than anywhere else?

I also agree with Vexer colouring remarks.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
cbt711 wrote:
Is it just me, or are there more critiques the more that I fix the critiques? :) Here is the 26th version of this map in 6 days.
Spoiler (click to show)

Did what Vexer / psymon asked of the colors, brown more brown, green darker to match, orange still somewhat strong but darker and more balanced. I know, green is strong now (not on purpose, just happened when darkening with texture overlay unchanged)! Well the whole map has a 'pretty' color scheme to it. It looks good, just not the meaner D12 kinda look - over saturated compared to other maps, aka bright. Anyway, I think on it's own, in a tropical Pirate hideout way, the colors work. Maybe I'm just nuts. Going to throw the keyboard any second.

Fixed the spelling for Psymon, the death peak idea was awesome, but had to change to black mountain for the sake of space.

Also normalized border width, yellow, blue AND green seemed thinner, not just yellow. All were fixed. Not so obvious on the jpg, but on the .psd file in high res, it was pretty obvious, nice catch.

@Beta, tracks go into the tunnel to show perspective, attack line loosely follows for logical connection. It's gameplay first, graphics second, and then making the line match perfectly third. I don't want to bend it anymore :)
PsymonStark wrote:
Nah, you know we are just horribly picky. Sorry for that (on my part). You're doing an awesome map, and you already know it! ^^

(I was sure that yellow one seemed different for me, not that sure about the other two ;))
cbt711 wrote:
I can't see it on the others when exported as a jpg, but as png and in photoshop, you could see it clear as day.
PsymonStark wrote:
Same. Colors look very good now.

There are two or three artifacts generated by textures and shadows next to the eastern border of Costa del Pirata, though.
cbt711 wrote:
Nice eye psymon. Just texture highlights in a very bad place. I'll smooth those out when I put in the right minimap (you're welcome dsds).

Of course gotta wait to see what Fendi thinks.
PsymonStark wrote:
Ok. Also another whitish pixel at the source of the northern river, in Dark Rock. Smaller than the other ones.