• 344 posts
  • Page 3 of 23
Clarke wrote:
Great news (for me anyway). I watched several videos giving tutorials on seashore and I think it will work for me. Excited to get started on it. Thanks Urgul! Oh, and happy hannukah
urgul wrote:
thank you very much
i liked seashore too.
i dont know why any of the admin and staff people reccomended it at first. i had to ask them which one was the best for mac. it works great on mac computers (and maybe ipads and iphones, although i dont have either of those. prove me wrong) because the application is built just for macs.
Clarke wrote:
Hey Urgul> How do you draw a line on seashore so that the line looks smooth and not pixelated?
Thorpe wrote:
Can you enlarge it 101% than decrease it by 99%? That is how it is done in Paint.Net.

I take just the line layer...copy to a new paint.Net window, then enlarge just the line layer and then decrease it. Then I copy and paste it to my orginal map on a new layer. Make sure you unmark off the layer with the line orginal...do not delete it. Your "Line Blured/Enlarged/Decreased" should be the only line one showing.
Vexer has this in one of the topics for making maps.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
lifeinpixels wrote:
Cjproia, this thread is meant to discuss Clarke's map and mapmaking techniques. Please do not make off-topic posts, especially self-promotion.
urgul wrote:
anyway, clarke, i hope someone can find out how to make the lines look not pixelated. (really, i hope that we both can find out.)
;)
I always thought the non-continental united states states should be made onto maps. After all, in the u.s map (i am not critisizing the u.s map, i am just stating) there is no alaska or hawaii.
They deserve a map! We got two presidential nominees from both of those states. (for people who dont live in the us, sarah palin and barak obama)
Clarke wrote:
Using Thorpe & Vexers idea of enlarging and shrinking I discovered that if you do everything 4x the size you want (4096x2600 for example) then when you finish the outlines you shrink it down 25% (1024x650) it kind of does the anti-aliasing for you.

Still learning and will be a while before my next submission. But that technique will help.
Clarke wrote:
Here is my latest attempt at the Hawaii map. I used a photo of a hawaiian beach with palm trees as the background (thanks to Vexer for the idea from your Ancient Realm map)

Remember when you go to the photo, the best way to view it is to click on the little plus sign in the lower right hand corner.

Okay lets here the feedback. 

BTW - This is the first thing I have ever done using a drawing program that uses layers, textures, etc... Everything up to this point has been done on plain old Microsoft Paint.

http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Richard_B_Clarke/media/D12%20Maps/Hawaii40_zpsb7fc0719.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
urgul wrote:
Looking good Clarke. However, the seep blue background clashes with the red of the Big Island. Otherwise, it really looks phenomenal.
Clarke wrote:
I feel like all of the colors "pop" equally. One thing I am afraid of is that it will be rejected for being too bright/colorful.
cbt711 wrote:
Colors seem very vibrant, very much like the realm of honored players. Some people love that, some people hate it.

Just like some people love Caribbean and others hate it. BEING that I personally LOVE Caribbean, I would really like playing 5-7 player games on this map like a super Caribbean. Looks like a lot of fun Clarke!