• 344 posts
  • Page 4 of 23
naathim wrote:
I like it, but I liked the lighter colors of the earlier maps better. I think this would be rejected for being a bit too eye-watering. Go with a lighter blue for the background, see if that makes it a bit better. The air brushing? idk if that's what it is, but the shading seems too dark along the island edges (green, yellow, pink, red, and purple ones mostly) blends too much with the outline and the ocean.

My inner OCD is appalled that the fonts don't match. But my inner OCD is exactly like me in that it enjoys complaining about little things that don't really matter.

As for gameplay, I think the bonuses should be buffed a little. Since connection lines don't matter AS much, you're more worried about the mirrors, the ones and twos should go up by one bonus each, to two and three respectively. I think the yellow territory should only receive a three bonus as well. The goal of taking it would be to also control the mirror. That would give you only four borders with eight bonus (plus 3 to four based on territory controlled bonus).

I love the symmetry and the concept and it should be an awesome map to play (once those fonts match).
naathim wrote:
Derp, disregard what I said about the ones and twos being bumped to two and three bonuses. I forgot that the player would also be getting as least three per turn lol.
Clarke wrote:
The fonts don't match because Papyrus (font) used as a "title" for the Dominican Republic I think. But Revie, the font I used for the title "HAWAII" is to big and wild for using all over the map.

I looked at every font I had available. I wanted the title to have a little pizzaz. If you want to suggest a single font that has some pizzaz but not too "cluttery" all over the map I will check it out. Note: I only have access to the standard window fonts. There are about 80 of them or so... I can not download new fonts on my work computer.

The bonuses were determined using the mathematical formula give to me by Vexer.

Clarke wrote:
Clarke wrote:
One thing I just noticed I had forgotten is the note about territories can attack their twin space on the other island. I'll fix that. Any other feedback?
Clarke wrote:
Please give some feedback anyone... I am so happy with the way this finally came out.
SpamFree wrote:
So, how soon until this is made playable here?

Looks ready to me.

[image]

tramadol wrote:
I like the raised area, but think it should be darker on raised edges to give the full look of depth, all sides would be darker than tops. It will look fantastic then.
cbt711 wrote:
I'm not a fan of the 3D raising personally, liked it better before. But from making solar system, I realize no two people have the same opinion.

I'd love to see the Balkan Peninsula, Italy, Solar System, and this (maybe even an updated South Africa Districts) playable soon.
Clarke wrote:
For every person who says they like it more colorful there is someone who wants it less colorful. Some want it darker and others like it lighter. Can't please everyone.

Here is my "final" version ready for admin review.

http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Richard_B_Clarke/media/D12%20Maps/Hawaii41_zps45bc3edb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
marcoxa wrote:
i have to agree with cbt711 its my only complaint about the map. overall good job :)
Clarke wrote:
Thanks Marcoxa. But I absolutely LOVE the 3D look of the islands sticking out. I had it bigger but toned it down because I wanted to appeal to those who dont like the 3D effect.