The current 12 best players on the site
  • 1334 posts
  • Page 45 of 89
Matty wrote:
A new list of potential dominators is out: https://dominating12.com/tutorial/thedominating12/2016-09-10%2017:06:16

Game 666666 is waiting for the best 9 players to join. Thanks to @Hoodlum for stealing the wonderful game number :)

These are the dominating12 of this month:
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
slackbatter wrote:
What is going on here:

The dominating 12 list for 29 Jun 2016:

134 Master Sergeant GeneralHalsey 1622 443

The dominating 12 list for 10 Sep 2016:

5 Major General GeneralHalsey 4743 463

He went up 3121 points by completing only 20 games. Even if he won all 20 that 156 points per game. Am I missing something?
slackbatter is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
game 662909

thanks slackbatter, I thought it was a bit odd myself when I looked into it briefly yesterday. just took a look and found this game he won tonnes of points in due to a loopy bug.

game 662909

68+
68+
70+
70+
72+
72+
74+
75+
77+
77+
77+
78+
81+
82+
82+
84+
86+
86+
87+
90+
91+
91+
94+
95+
97+
98+
99+
100+
101+
103+
106+
106+
108+
109+
111+
112+
115+
116+
= 3408

due to the bug he earned himself a whopping 3408 points.

only 116 should have been awarded.

I am deducting 3292

edit: game has already started. Matty will organize a new set up for the official dominating game.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
maafi wrote:
Can we make a simple rule that the highest D12 player of the previous 'month' chooses the map and type of game? Maybe that person could also devolve that responsibility to another finalist if he/she so wishes?
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
Matty wrote:
@Maafi: that would be unfair. If the winner chooses the new game, he may very well choose exactly the setting he likes, but everyone else hates.

It's supposed to be a public game for everyone to watch, so no fog.
It's also supposed to be a fair game for everyone, even if you can't be online 24/7, so no same-time.

Also, Increasing cards is nice to have, as the game should conceivebly end in less then a year :P

So yeah, can't just do anything. You can suggest maps, I just choose a big one, and I swap between capitals and deathmatch.
Seems fair to me.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
maafi wrote:
youre right of course. It's just that 9p caps feels too dependant on luck for a D12 final. Always fun to play however :)
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
4960epic wrote:
maybe a domination sometime to swap things up :) yes caps is luck dependent but when you look at the chart many of us frequent 9p cap games. lol
slackbatter wrote:
Maafi didn't say the winner, he said the highest d12 player (as in points). So I think it would be fair if that person got to choose the settings. :) Jokes aside that is how it was done sometimes in the past wasn't it? The highest ranked person got to choose the settings for the game. And I would hope anyone who frequents and appreciates this site enough to achieve the highest rank would also be able to be fair about choosing settings (or delegating it as maafi suggested).

I agree we should try Domination sometime to mix things up. But even with deathmatch we could mix up the map a little more often. We've never had the D12 game on Texas or New York City. And the World Double map would work too.
slackbatter is online.
Matty wrote:
We have had a d12 game on new york - that one was a domination game as well.

Yes, ocasionally we let one of the d12 (generally the #1 or #2 if the #1 didn't feel like. It was never standerd practice, and for as far as I'm concerned it shouldn't become so. But occasionally giving the honour the you to create one, I wouldn't mind.

I'll try to keep it in mind for the next d12 game.

We should defenitely try world double, but It's only very shortly out of beta I believe.