The current 12 best players on the site
  • 1333 posts
  • Page 13 of 89
Vexer wrote:
I have an idea instead of two 6 player games + a 2 player game.

How about three 4 player games and a 6 player game. The winner and the loser who has the most rank points in each 4 player game, play in the 6 player game.

Or is there a better solution for a 2 game tournament that involves all 12 dominators and doesn't end in a 2 player game?
elysium5 wrote:
Three four player games followed by a three player game?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
lifeinpixels wrote:
Vex, there's a flaw with your idea. In the first games, the player with the second most points will not be playing to win; he'll be playing to help the highest-ranked player win so that he is automatically in the finals as well.
Antonis_xania wrote:
I like Vexer's idea but as lifeinpixels says there is a flaw.
So i propose the 12 top players to play 4 3p games
1-12-8
2-11-7
3-10-6
4-9-5
and the winners play the title game.

or give the 8 who lost a second chance and make 1 8p game or 2 4p games and make the title game 5 or 6 players
Vexer wrote:
Thanks for figuring out the flaw lifeinpixels.

I'd rather not have 3 player games either. And having the losers play means that one of them would play a total of 3 games. That's way too long. There would be a new dominating 12 list by the time the second game is over. There's only time for 2 short games.

What about this idea. Three 4 player games, the winner of each gets to pick 1 player they want to play again in the 2nd game. Then they play a 6 player game. This might be very fun for the winner because they can pick the most clever player if they want a challenge or the most predictable player if they think it will help them win.

lifeinpixels wrote:
That seems like a fun idea! I'd love to watch. However, the fact that some players will be selected regardless of how well they played leaves room for potential bribery of some sort, though admittedly it would be hard to pull off.

On the other hand if you want to go for simplicity, how about 3 games of 4 players with the winners playing a final game of 3 players?
skarni wrote:
first of all, congratulations to Oliver for the dominator title. I am proud that my star goes to you, and i am looking forward to battle for that again.

Secondly, I will give you an idea to avoid 3 people games, which i do not like to decide titles (and also not to play, because they are more likely to got a stalemate).

What about 3 games of 4 players, and then the final with the 3 winners + the previous winner. Then, even if the last Dominator was not in the 12 first (like me last time), we give him/her the chance to fight for the title. In case he is in between the 12 first, then we classify the 13th player.

do you like that idea?
Llibertat Presos polítics catalans. Love Democracy.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I don't like the idea of chosing another player or getting an invitation because of the points. If the problem it's that the 9-10-11-12 of the ranking cannot play the Domination12 game, why don't we do a "semifinal"?

The first 7 players of the ranking are in the Domination game and the rest have to play a game, where the winner gets a spot for the last game?

Obviously, other combination can be made if you don`t want a Domination12 game with 8 players
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Cireon wrote:
What about renaming the site to Dominating 9?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Thorpe wrote:
I do not like that is wise...you would take what 4myGod wanted and why away. Just does not just change the name ...it changes the thinking of what this site is all about.

4myGod wrote:

I couldn't come up with a name that had an available domain so I tried to think out of the box. If I could think of a very unique name, then it would be available. So originally I was going to put on the front page a list of the 12 top players each month and give them like a special badge, like Dominating Feb 2012 or something, and they would be the Dominating 12 every month and I liked the number 12 because Jesus had 12 apostles and 12 tribes of israel and 12 months in a year
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next