Joeyseven
 alphax211
 Deepdaleduck
 ProblemChild96
 huskers01
 simomosi
 maafi
 cawtey101

I'll set up the game and send invites. This month's game will be Italia, Domination.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Congrats all, especially to simo and cawtey as debutants!! :hand::hand::hand:
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

maafi wrote:
Oh yes, thanks Virtuosity - I didn’t spot that. Special congratulations to Simomosi and Cawtey!
Hoodlum wrote:
nice. they have been dominating in tournaments, deserve to be there
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
This is more of a suggestions/feedback post but I couldn't find a good thread there so here I am...

Anyway I think it would be cool to add a column to the D12 list which shows rating change since last list (for example I would have -105) - shouldn't be hard to implement? I know a lot of people who don't make the list are more interested in rating changes than who's at the top. Also would it be possible to add little red and green arrows next to the position column to indicate who has risen and fallen in the list every time it updates? While I'm here I also think it would be cool to emphasise the top 12 somehow but I'm not sure what would be best.

Anyone interested in these things? And are they easy to implement?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

The_Bishop wrote:
I like a lot Virtuosity's idea: rating change and red/green arrows.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
One more thing.
Perhaps the D12 list should be run regularly every two months. For example:
  • New year's day
  • 1st of March
  • May Day
  • 1st of July
  • 1st of September
  • Halloween
These dates are easy to remember for me. So there would be no need to warn the players that the list will be drawn up in the next few days if everyone remembers these simple dates.
In addition, having a new Dominator every month seems excessive to me, one does not have time to enjoy the title that after just a few days the match of the following month begins.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
The_Bishop
One more thing.
Perhaps the D12 list should be run regularly every two months. For example:
  • New year's day
  • 1st of March
  • May Day
  • 1st of July
  • 1st of September
  • Halloween
These dates are easy to remember for me. So there would be no need to warn the players that the list will be drawn up in the next few days if everyone remembers these simple dates.
In addition, having a new Dominator every month seems excessive to me, one does not have time to enjoy the title that after just a few days the match of the following month begins.

I can only respond for myself, but I don't feel like the D12 Dominator game occurs too often. Ever since I've been eligible to participate in this tournament, I've been waiting eagerly for whenever the next one starts.

I suppose it's fair to perhaps message everyone who's currently >3000 (or what would be a good number?) rating and ask their view. If there's a distinct majority that would like to see a different interval for these games, it wouldn't be too bad to change it? I remember though that some time ago (a year?) maafi drew up this new format in which he rotates through all the very large maps in a DM -> caps -> DM -> dom -> DM -> ass -> repeat; while aiming at starting a game every month but it's going a tad slower; perhaps 9/year? (So not a great difference from 6x/y either)

Silly question maybe... but why would you want to know up front when the list gets published? To peak towards those moments? In a similar fashion as athletes peak towards the Olympics?
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
ProblemChild96 wrote:
I pesonally dont agree with 1 game deciding the dominator, i like hoodlums tournament setup with 4 9player games 1 game of each gametype and 1v1 games vs each oppponent for extra points
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
elysium5 wrote:
D12, 12 Months in a year, 12 Dominator titles up for grabs a year. Nothing scientific or practical or logical offered in my opinion on why I like the way it is now. I just like the way it relates. I find it numerically pleasing.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
The_Bishop wrote:
The fact is that up to now there has never been a pre-established interval: it is usually about a month, but not always.
So I would propose a regular interval, one month or two months. If I had to choose I would prefer two, also to guarantee the secrecy of my rating (at least as a principle).

AlexCheckMate
Silly question maybe... but why would you want to know up front when the list gets published? To peak towards those moments? In a similar fashion as athletes peak towards the Olympics?
Yes I guess so, I don't know exactly, usually Maafi announce it in advance. It might be also a rimander for someone to start a couple of games in order to have at least five in the last 15 days.
dough_boy wrote:
I don't understand why it doesn't auto-generate the 1st of the month at midnight GMT. Saves the list and allows for a game id and winner id. Then once the game starts it is updated, and once finished the winner is stored. Then the list is dynamic, has a link to it, a link to the game, and highlights the winner, etc.
maafi wrote:
I too like V98's ideas.

Frequency: I try to do it monthly but it depends on how quickly the game lasts. I like the idea that it happens monthly but I worried that the Dominator didn't have enough time to enjoy the plaudits before a new game started. I think the consensus was that we try and stick to monthly. I don't worry too much if happens to be 6 weeks.
If you want it to be fixed dates it will probably have to be every second month to be safe.
The reason i announce the imminent release of the D12 list is to create some interest and a sense of inclusiveness. That's why I often encourage people to see how well they've progressed since the last list (and why I like V98's idea).

Format: I think the single game 'final' works in its simplicity - especially if we stick to a monthly frequency. The current rotation of game types and maps also works. And I would also stick with my recent 'rule' that the game is played out only with players who made the top 12. So, if only 8 of the top 12 wanted to play (such as in the current game) we start the game with 8 rather than go further down the list. I am not trying to be elitist but i think we should stick with the D12 'brand' and emphasise the importance of getting into the 12.
However I believe that it’s the list itself that should be tweaked. The problem with the list as it is, is that you can break into the 12 by being fairly good at one game type. I can be fairly good at long term DM games on large maps but struggle in live caps games but still make the top 12. Surely the best players - the ones who should be highest in the list and win the right to play that final game - are those that play and win in all formats.
Would it be possible/practical to have a list that starts with the current rating but then additional points are gained for the different maps and game types played. We could also give additional weight to the overall number of games played. The additional qualifications are refreshed/zeroed every month while the rating remains constant. By making the qualification harder might give us greater diversity.
I am not suggesting that we mess around with the rating system, rather add to it to get the D12 list. I'm guessing this might be hard to programme and implement but is there anything in this as an idea?
slackbatter wrote:
I agree with all who agree with Virt's suggestions.

I think the D12 game is working fine how it is now: a single game quasi-monthly. 

I agree with everything maafi said, but unfortunately don't have any bright ideas about how to implement his thoughts on the D12 list.