The current 12 best players on the site
  • 1325 posts
  • Page 66 of 89
slackbatter wrote:
After trying a couple different formats I still prefer the single game. To me the tournaments drag on so long that the excitement is lost. I liked when we were having the game close to monthly.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I'm having mixed feelings.

On a personal level, I'm very much in favour of 1 big (9p) game - so that'd mean reverting back to the previous schedule and trying to host 1 game/month.
It makes that this 1 game is full on hardcore and scrutised by all. Remains tense, tight and exciting till the end.

Whereas more "D12-wide" - I could imagine that other people have a preference for allowing more people in (which with the current disability to host a game for 12, leads to a need of more games).

As for a final remark of the last tournament, without wanting to discredit anyone, I do feel the level of game-play was significantly lower than the levels I've seen in previous D12 tournaments. I saw a lot of moves that were made by players that were not even close to being in their own best interest, or mathematically logical for them. These moves have had their effect on the course of the tournament. Whether these 'mistakes?' were caused due to a lower level of experience (in high level) games, or due to a lower sense of importance (due to more games), or even something else - I can not make any assumptions on.

Happy to hear more visions!
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Speaking as somewhat of an outsider, I realise my opinion may well be less valid/valuable compared to others'.
I prefer the single game - it holds more grandeur and weight, where everything is at stake (with no other games to fall back on). Yes, the 9player restriction isn't great, but I think this just makes the last few places in the top 12 all the more competitive - everyone is shooting for 9th spot.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

elysium5 wrote:
Nice point about placement, Virt. It's like a sports league where you can rank top 12 but only the top nine make the final playoff game or if it is more of a tourney maybe it could be tiered playoffs with ranking making a difference in match-ups, etc.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
maafi wrote:
Latest D12 game will start soon. Just waiting for a couple more to say they want to play.
https://dominating12.com/game/997742
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
maafi wrote:
The D12 game this time will be Baltic Sea, Deathmatch. I’ll send a message to the top 12.
maafi wrote:
Also, special shout-outs to Farge and Virtuosity98 for breaking into the 12 for the first time :)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Congrats Alex!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

AlexCheckMate wrote:
maafi
Congratulations @AlexCheckMate, our D12 Dominator!

Thanks! Seems I just clicked on the Player Ranks link at the exact same instance as that the crown switched? I didn't know it worked like this - funny to see no Dominator.

TIMING (click to show)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
Wow, congrats mate!

Everybody acclaim the new Dominator! ;)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein