Ask the staff a question and you'll get an answer
  • 286 posts
  • Page 13 of 20
Matty wrote:
Tycrew
Is there a way to report a player for stalling on purpose to be petty?
I am in two long term games with the same random player. One game he plays right away and the other he takes forever. 
I believe this is because he was called out for being slow in the game is now stalling in. 
Its very annoying because I am teaching my friends how to play on that game and he joined last minute. I know I should have used a password and I will next time.
His pettiness is making the game less enjoyable to potentially new members of the community.
Note that if it's really obvious he's just waisting your time then definitely report it to an admin - they will do something about it.
For example: in a live game ppl can add time and then not take the turn when they've already lost.

However, if there might have been a good reason to wait longer (for a long term game that could always be the case), then no, you should just have patience I guess.
Example: sometimes I have a game that I need to think about before taking a turn, other games I can take my turn quickly because I know what to do. So that one game I could take my turn tomorrow. That's a genuine reason.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
ApolloMk2 wrote:
Hi - New here, can anyone explain the difference between the "Original" and balanced dice modes?
Virtuosity98 wrote:
From the glossary:
Battle results:
Battles are determined by rolling dice. You get one die per troop. Attackers can roll up to 3 dice and Defenders up to 2 dice. The top rolls are compared to each other and the higher numbers win. Any ties go to the defender.
The original dice settings follow these ^ rules (the standard dice rules of risk).

Balanced dice:
Dice are rolled using a computer algorithm that doubles the chances of each side losing 1 army in a 3 dice vs. 2 dice battle.
The balanced dice settings follow slightly different rules, causing the chance of both players losing 1 army each to be doubled. In effect, this lowers the unpredictability of the dice (good for people who don't like extreme outcomes).

I hope this helped! :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

elysium5 wrote:
You beat me to it, Virtuosity98!

Here is a link to a discussion on how the dice work:
https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/879/the-sites-dice-are-accurately-pseudorandom
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
ericw wrote:
Do all games start with 3 armies randomly on each territory? Is there a way so you can place your armies in turn?
Cireon wrote:
Yes. We don't have a troop placement mode.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Noodle2999 wrote:
New player, looking to test FOG of War game after playing a few rounds but cannot select it. Any trigger to allow fog of war to be selected on new game creation?
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Noodle2999
New player, looking to test FOG of War game after playing a few rounds but cannot select it. Any trigger to allow fog of war to be selected on new game creation?

Welcome!

Purchase this gametype in the shop: https://dominating12.com/shop/gametypes
You pay with tokens, which you earn back again by completing games

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Pazerval wrote:
Hi,
The game clock is completely wrong for me and I was wondering how I could fix it. My system time is correct, but it is wrong on this website. For reference, my system time is 11:15, but my game time is 18:15.

Thanks!
maafi wrote:
The clock is set to GMT/UTC because that's where the server is. And you're somewhere else.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
maafi is online.
dough_boy wrote:
My guess is that it is the server time. So you are 11:15, 18:15 might be UMT?
Pazerval wrote:
Sorry for so many questions but my friends and I had a question on teams. If two people on the same side are occupying a territory, who gets the troop bonus? Is it split? Thanks!
aeronautic wrote:
Only one person of the team will be occupying the territory and whoever that is will get 2 extra troops if they own the territory of a card that is exchanged.
If you mean "Region", then only if one person of the team owns all the territories in that Region would that person get any bonus that the Region offers.

You can work as a team to ensure that one of you gets all the territories in a Region and of course you can share any bonus you get on the start of your turn in the Reinforcement phase.
That means that you can reinforce your own territories or your team mate's territories at the start of your turn with any or all of the reinforcement troops that you receive.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.