Ask the staff a question and you'll get an answer
  • 285 posts
  • Page 12 of 19
D3U5_VU1T wrote:
I was wondering how exactly tokens worked (gain/loss) and how join games without it costing me 120.
Thanks!
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hi D3U5_VU1T :) welcome to Dominating 12! :hand: Thanks for your question. Here are three paragraphs from the Frequently Asked Questions page that might answer your question:

Tokens. What are tokens? (click to show)

Premium. How do I play more than 5 games at a time? (click to show)

Premium. How do I play more than 3 live games per day? (click to show)

Hopefully that clears things up :) also, I've sent you 500 tokens to get you started :thumbs:
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Andrea88 wrote:
I don't understand how can I stop a game when all players leave.
Could you help me?
Thank you
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Andrea88
Could you help me?
Thank you

Go to the Options tab (https://dominating12.com/game/979493 - see the left, next to Players)
Press resign

Or... just let the game continue and it'll end eventually (resigning costs tokens)

Does this help you with your issue?
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
Andrea88
Could you help me?
Thank you

I checked your games and you were in no games where everyone left. You only have 2 games listed and they are 2-player games.
If it was one of these, the game ends once the other player misses 2 turns.

Is your question about creating a game where you are left alone waiting for the game to start perhaps?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
IRT dough_boy & aeronautic, I'm pretty sure it was the game I referred to in my post. It was the game s/he was present in at the time of asking the question AND it ended because they were missing their turns.

AlexCheckMate
Andrea88
Could you help me?
Thank you

Go to the Options tab (https://dominating12.com/game/979493 - see the left, next to Players)
Press resign

Or... just let the game continue and it'll end eventually (resigning costs tokens)

Does this help you with your issue?

So I guess all is good (also hasn't been on since - but I assume s/he'll voice him/herself again, if needed)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Sunda wrote:
Hi my red counter at the bottom of the screen has been stuck at all zeros throughout my games - and I can't tell how much time left in my turn...
Sunda wrote:
Thank you Hoodlum it worked! I am new to Windows 10 and as well as this website -> It makes such a difference having the counter as a noob (on the speed games)
Tycrew wrote:
Is there a way to report a player for stalling on purpose to be petty?
I am in two long term games with the same random player. One game he plays right away and the other he takes forever. 
I believe this is because he was called out for being slow in the game is now stalling in. 
Its very annoying because I am teaching my friends how to play on that game and he joined last minute. I know I should have used a password and I will next time.
His pettiness is making the game less enjoyable to potentially new members of the community.
dough_boy wrote:
No...technically everyone has whatever the time limit is on the game. So they can use it however they want. There are times where it appears to me I am on "bad dice", and so I don't take my turns until the next day, etc.
elysium5 wrote:
As well, if you are asking someone to hurry up as a courtesy to you, you could try being less rude to them. I read the game chat in both games and it is not very respectful.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Tycrew wrote:
elysium5
As well, if you are asking someone to hurry up as a courtesy to you, you could try being less rude to them. I read the game chat in both games and it is not very respectful.

I agree that messages could have been more refined. That said the original messages were my friends first moments on the game and generally like to talk trash with themselves. It was not the plan to have another random player involved but he came in as the last player in the matter of 4 minutes were were setting up the game when there were more than 150+ games waiting for players. My most recent message was from frustration watching the player take a turn on one game but clearly ignoring the other.

I understand there is no recourse here and my party is not entirely in the right, but as a consistent player who was actively trying to grow the community, I am frustrated that it seems several of my friends will lose interest in the site because of the first random player they meet is avoiding a game for not being asked to play his turn nicely enough. I have added him to my avoid list.

Thank you for the quick replies.