Ask the staff a question and you'll get an answer
  • 286 posts
  • Page 19 of 20
Cireon wrote:
Without paying for premium, there is a limit of 5 simultaneous long term games. You can "override" this limit by paying some tokens for entering the game, up to 2 extra (so 7 in total).

When you join a tournament, we bypass this check so that tournaments are accessible to everybody, but the games still count towards your overall limit, even though they're temporarily exceeded. You will need to finish enough games to get you back below 5 games, or below 7 in case you don't mind paying some tokens to start a new game
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Anddietznutz wrote:
What am I missing as far as choosing the game type, i.e. Capitals, Deathmatch, Assassination, or Domination. All I have available is Death match. I have premium as well but I don't know if that was needed or not.
dabbledave wrote:
Rockbert
You can hide your rank here:

https://dominating12.com/account/settings

Why hide your rank?

What's the point of ranks?

If there were a poll of users, I would guess that most would prefer automatics ranks, rather than this nonsensical system of having to buy them with tokens and then having the option of hiding them to deceive newbies. A culture of buying promotion and/or wilful deception should be discouraged.

Tokens can be used for other stuff, like maps, game modes, competition entries, and setting a minimum battle rating or minimum rank to a join newly-created games (to exclude newbies if one is paranoid about being targetted) ...

(I'm a premium member after dabbling in many of the alternative sites. I only want the best for this website, which has great potential were it not for this weirdness. I would encourage other premium members to engage in the discussion around automatic ranks in the Premium Players Parley section of the forum.)
anuorre wrote:
dabbledave
Rockbert
You can hide your rank here:

https://dominating12.com/account/settings

Why hide your rank?

What's the point of ranks?

If there were a poll of users, I would guess that most would prefer automatics ranks, rather than this nonsensical system of having to buy them with tokens and then having the option of hiding them to deceive newbies. A culture of buying promotion and/or wilful deception should be discouraged.

Tokens can be used for other stuff, like maps, game modes, competition entries, and setting a minimum battle rating or minimum rank to a join newly-created games (to exclude newbies if one is paranoid about being targetted) ...

(I'm a premium member after dabbling in many of the alternative sites. I only want the best for this website, which has great potential were it not for this weirdness. I would encourage other premium members to engage in the discussion around automatic ranks in the Premium Players Parley section of the forum.)

Because some of us just aren't good enough and we want to hide our failure to climb the table despite playing loads of games and our best efforts
LizardMagpie wrote:
On the page - I don't know what you'd call it - the page where you click on a name and all sorts of facts and figures come up - there are numbers for Fair Play, Chat and Attendance.

Attendance I suppose is self-explanatory - but what are the other two all about? How does one gain or lose points for fair play or chat?

Fair play - I expect you lose points if you do something naughty - but what, and who says?

Chat? What's that all about? Is there somebody out there monitoring the quality of our wit and repartee?
Matty wrote:
You can report people for bad language and/or unfair play. Two ppl in game need to report (or you can ask a mod to vote with you) for it to count.

You can find the report tab in the bottom left.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Crywolf wrote:
Maybe its under a different thread but can someone explain to me what it exactly means when the card turn-in is set to Normal?

I have now 2-3 games where I made a mistake when dealing with what happens to card turn-ins after someone is defeated. The reason for my confusion is that now I have been told several different things to what the setting means.
Rockbert wrote:
So, card turn in being normal means that you have to get to 5 cards to get your initial set to turn in. This is also true if you kill another player who has enough cards to add to your total to equal at least 5, then you turn in again.

Advanced cards simply means that if you have what makes a set, (red, green, blue) or three of one color, or any variation of three cards with a black card then you can turn in your cards.

hope that helps.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
dough_boy wrote:
Normal means you can turn in at the START of your turn if you have at least 3 cards and can make a qualifying set.

Advanced means that DURING a turn, if you kill someone and then at that time you have at least 3 cards and can make a qualifying set you can turn in DURING your turn.
LizardMagpie wrote:
Matty
You can report people for bad language and/or unfair play. Two ppl in game need to report (or you can ask a mod to vote with you) for it to count.

You can find the report tab in the bottom left.

Aha - bad language - I hadn't thought of that. I shall try to keep myself under control.
bilsi wrote:
points here make no sense...I beat 3 privates recently and got 25 points each win, just beat a chief warrant officer and only got 20? Doesn't compute...
And how does attendance work? How do you gain 1 point? I thought it was 1 point for not missing a turn in any game. I just won a match with 0 missed turns and got nothing. And my attendance was at 63 but went to 62. Why? I haven't missed a turn since I started playing here...
elysium5 wrote:
@bilsi

1. Points:

Those 'private's' may actually been higher ranked, they just did not purchase a higher rank and are just hiding it and showing as a private.

2. Attendance:

It is based on an average of your last 100 games played.

You lose 1 point for every game in your last 100 games with at least 1 missed turn.

Complete games without missing turns in order to push those games out of your 'last 100' games calculation.

You say you haven't missed a turn since you started playing here but in fact, you have missed at least one turn in 38 of your last 100 games played and as recently as:
https://dominating12.com/game/1442011
and
https://dominating12.com/game/1469218

You even tried to create not 1 but 2 accounts at 2 different times in order to try and circumvent the 2 player game only restriction placed on your account and you missed turns with both of those as well before they were found and locked.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
bilsi wrote:
Thanks, guess I missed a couple. I read something here about hiding ranks. I get attendance now.
elysium5 wrote:
bilsi
Thanks, guess I missed a couple. I read something here about hiding ranks. I get attendance now.

As you play more games (and do not miss turns), those missed turn games will eventually be bumped out of your last 100 games played and your score will go up accordingly.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."