Middle East (by @@The_Bishop)
  • 180 posts
  • Page 12 of 12
The_Bishop wrote:
@ttranbar, I'm sorry, you're a bit too late.

Confirmed participants:
1. @sfclimbers
2. @KOE_KittyKat
3. @DreamStreet
4. @TimTheGreat
5. @Axobongo
6. @Tennesseelogman
7. @Abs
8. @pygmyhippo277
9. @coco
10. @maafi
11. @elysium5
12. @HalSucks

6000 token prize pool, thanks to the donors:
@Rockbert, @elysium5 and @maafi; each one donating 2000.

Prizes:
3000 tokens to the victorious;
2000 tokens to the second;
1000 tokens to the third.

Good luck all! ;)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
@tlzmone, I'm sorry, you're a bit too late.

I tried to make everybody happy with the colours, but there's too much love for green!
The_Bishop wrote:
MacEohaid
I'm in
Sorry, it's too late.

- Tournament in progress -
The_Bishop wrote:
- Final standings -

Winner: maafi = 3+3+3+5+7+7+7 = 35
Tennesseelogman = 3+3+5+7+7 = 25
coco = 3+3+3+7 = 16
elysium5 = 3+5+7 = 15
TimTheGreat = 3+5+7 = 15
DreamStreet = 3+5+5 = 13
pygmyhippo277 = 3+7 = 10
Abs = 7
Axobongo = 7
sfclimbers = 7
HalSucks = 5
KOE_KittyKat = 5
The_Bishop wrote:
Congratulations Brigadier General @maafi for the great performance, 7 wins on 16 games!
I think Maafi is one of the most complete players, good in all 4 gametypes... And here we got a prove of his strength!
Congratulations also to @Tennesseelogman for the nice second place.

- Prizes -
1st place: [image] @maafi receives 3000 tokens
2nd place: @Tennesseelogman receives 2000 tokens
3rd place: @coco receives 1000 tokens

Thanks to the token donors: @Rockbert, @maafi and @elysium5.
Axobongo wrote:
Congrats, maafi

Bishop, I was recruited as a substitute and it was fun, gave me 7 tourney points,, and cost me around 400 rating points,,
Since I just played 16 games you made, I hope you will sometime return the favor and occasionally join one of my live games
The_Bishop wrote:
The real prize for Maafi could be
he can decide the next context of the Map Conquest contest... In other words:
@maafi, in which map(s) would you like to play a tournament like this one?

@Axobongo, thanks for your kind participation! I'm sorry but it's rare that I play live games.
sfclimbers wrote:
Thanks for organizing, and congrats to the winners. For what it's worth, I would vote for a variety of maps in the future.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes I agree @sfclimbers, all games on the same map is a bit boring. Someone else set this so, not me, actually it was my friend Blagoje_Jovovic that liked the Middle East map so much. He's not really active recently, anyway "Thanks Blagoje for starting this" (forgot to mention sorry).

Instead, playing the same map with different gametypes is nice to me. So I'm planning for the next edition something with 3 maps involved with everyone playing 12 simultaneous games. Let's input ideas if you have/want. Being a "map conquest" tourney it could be related to some good maps which we want help to become more popular. For example I like Oregon Cities and both 'dual' maps and I see the 3 of them often at the bottom in popularity.

However for now I hope everyone subscribes the Caribbean Christmas Tournament which is going to be (likely) the major event on the month of December (for those who like playing singles). Instead for those who like pairs there's an interesting 2v2 Champions League in preparation. And who likes both, can join both! :)

Plus other tournaments are already in progress, so I think the next of this will be on January...
The_Bishop wrote:
My idea for the next Map Conquest is to run a PsymonStark Memorial, a nice cartographer of D12 not much active anymore in the recent years.
3 of his maps involved:
  • Baltic Sea
  • Iberia
  • Switzerland
6 players on each map. All 4 gametypes combinations for a total of 12 games per player.
Rockbert wrote:
The_Bishop
My idea for the next Map Conquest is to run a PsymonStark Memorial, a nice cartographer of D12 not much active anymore in the recent years.
3 of his maps involved:
  • Baltic Sea
  • Iberia
  • Switzerland
6 players on each map. All 4 gametypes combinations for a total of 12 games per player.

I would like to be in that one!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay nice! Perhaps it is better to start a new thread though. Yes I think so.