60 players, 114 games with increasing cards.
  • 67 posts
  • Page 1 of 5
The_Bishop wrote:
[image]

Given the great success of all Caribbean maps — i.e. all maps related to the Caribbean Basin, including the Gulf of Mexico — and given that we are approaching Christmas, I think it's nice to organize the...

[image]

This is the plan: 60 players will compete in 114 simultaneous games, which is:
8 games per person (with a number of players varying from 3 to 6), each game on a different map but Caribbean played twice;
6 games are Death-Match and 2 games are Capitals.
Other settings are the same for all tournament games: 24h (consecutive) turns,  increasing cards,  "sunny view",  original dice.

More specifically the 8 games are:

Texas faces the Gulf of Mexico and its map deserved to be there too, but it's too big for the purpose. However the United States map represents the whole country including Texas, Florida and the other States of the Gulf Coast. B)

Tournament points are awarded as follow:
+N for winning a game with N players;
+1 for each draw* game;
 0  for each game lost;
−1 for each turn missed;

(this is also for discouraging the strategy of skipping their turn at the fifth card forced turn-in).
More info (click to show)

Registration Fee: 100 battle tokens Now free!
God_of_War has just paid the fees for 22 players by a donation of 2200 tokens, so no more fee required now.

Prize pool: 6000 battle tokens + possible donations:
Blagoje_Jovovic donates 3030;
I donate 2000;
IsolatedBadger donates 1000;
OldDogGen donates 1000;
maafi donates 1000;
nperry54 donates 900;
vodkamikebid donates 900;
2ofclubs donates 100;
maxrebo donates 100.

Total Prize = 16,030 battle tokens
  • first place:   8,015 tokens
  • second place: 5,343 tokens
  • third place:   2,672 tokens

The requirements for the tourney are:
- having a fairplay score 94+
- having a chat score 88+
- having an attendance score 76+

PLEASE, don't spam the forum typing «I'm in», just SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE WITH THE TEXT «CXT IN» and I will enroll you in the tournament.

Registered players: 60 (full) (click to show)

It should start around the 1st day of December (possibly). If you decide to participate, please check the site every 24 hours on those days to be ready to play. I think it will end before Christmas, but in case you are planning some trips for the holidays be sure to be able to take your turns. However I feel like we will be covid-locked at home, in that case the best we could do is just play!! :D
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop is online.
Mach wrote:
Hi, can you post here a list of the players registered in the tournament and whether they have sent you the 100 battle tokens yet or not? It will make things easier for everyone. Thanks!
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes thanks for the suggestion, Mach.
All that will be written inside the black bar... Still empty right now, but very soon will show your name.
Congrats for being the first! :thumbs:
The_Bishop is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
It doesn't look very likely to get to 60 players before the beginning of December, so I'm planning a smaller version with only 48 or 36 players. :'(
The_Bishop is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay that's nice. Please guys just send me a Private Message to be registered.

I'm thinking about splitting the token prize between the first and the second placement, even the third maybe.
Like .. 2 third, 1 third .. or .. 1 half, 1 third, 1 sixth.
Or do people prefer a single prize: all the tokens to the first ?
The_Bishop is online.
braveheart1 wrote:
i am also in guys
i wish u all the best and i hope no one kills me
braveheart1 is online.
sfclimbers wrote:
The_Bishop
I'm thinking about splitting the token prize between the first and the second placement, even the third maybe.
Like .. 2 third, 1 third .. or .. 1 half, 1 third, 1 sixth.
Or do people prefer a single prize: all the tokens to the first ?

My vote is to split the tokens.