(Edit: More about colors than about 15 player cap or whatever).
  • 93 posts
  • Page 1 of 7
jonboy1967 wrote:
Hey Vexer. Long time no talk to. Well, as it happens to be I have come up with another idea. Hit me last night in a 6 player cap stupor I had kicken. That is Texas slang for I was drunk. Anyway, what do you think about a beta test only for a 15 player cap on Africa. Long term only. I was talking to some of the boyzzz and they were thinking that would be really cool. Interested to hear your take.

Peace
Fendi wrote:
I'm not sure that will work because there aren't enough colours for 15 players. Right now we only have 9 colours available for players.
Fendi wrote:
We have been trying to find new colours that work for years with no luck so I'm afraid this won't be possible anytime soon.
tramadol wrote:
What about split colours on the circles and key tabs? You know, half 1 colour and half another, this gives combinations of 73 colours, all of which do not have to be used, just the ones that show as the least confusing out of 15 or however many?
Half the extra combinations would be unusable anyway as they would be the same 2 colours on the opposite sides.
Fendi wrote:
That still won't be possible because then the chat would be messed up if someone with mixed colours typed something. Besides it would require a lot of programming since there are more than 1 colour involved. 
Fendi wrote:
Well I like green so much that I decided to change my banner to it. Joking.

I am the Head Cartographer, which means I'm no longer an admin. Check out the Staff page for more info.
cbt711 wrote:
Somehow gold and silver work on resistor color coding. Can you tell I play with electricity a lot?
But that's a real life paint, so it can be made shiny and have a finish to distinguish it from orange / yellow for gold, or gray for silver.

I think the only possible 10th color would be a gold / brown, making orange and red a touch brighter to distinguish. But that's only 1 more color, and the maps that could support that can be counted on one hand if that.

Easily support 10 players:
Westeros, World Expanded, New York City, Africa 1890, Italy (future map)

Pushing it:
Victron, Tamriel, San Fran, Realm of H.P., Med States, Jungle of Dispair

I think it would be fun playing a massive game like that. But the ultimate trick is to get 12 colors, so you can truly have a dominating 12 game.

White and Gold and maybe split green into a light and dark green to get to 12?
(White in chat would show up as gray (grey) since neutrals won't ever talk)

12 players would be supported on Westeros, world expanded, and Italy only though.
tramadol wrote:
Lurkers show as a type of blue-ish grey in chat! But I think the chat is secondary, it's the playing & identification colours that matter, so good suggestion!
Fendi wrote:
I think we have tried most colours but none worked. You have to keep in mind that all the maps have different shades of the same colour, which makes it next to impossible to make 1 colour work on all.

We have had this idea from the very start, believe me, but for now we have to settle with 9p games until we can come up with a solution that will work.