(Edit: More about colors than about 15 player cap or whatever).
  • 93 posts
  • Page 4 of 7
aeronautic wrote:
cbt711
Ahhh there was no Westeros white region when I tested this last year.
He meant this one: http://www.dominating12.com/image/map/36.large.jpg

The new Westeros & Essos Frozen Shore is Ice Blue: http://www.dominating12.com/image/map/64.large.jpg
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
cbt711 wrote:
[image]
Here is a decently contrasting lavender. Overlayed with all similar colors and neutral for comparison.
Cireon wrote:
I think every new colour has to be approved by several colour blind people first to make sure it isn't too bad on them.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
cbt711 wrote:
What does the color blind option do? There would have to be scroll over text no matter what already with how the current pink / purple / light blue have to look to certain color blind people right?
PsymonStark wrote:
Some of the current ones are already identical for colourblinds, I'm afraid...

Green, Orange and light Blue are impossible for some of them to distinguish.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Matty wrote:
Yes, some of the current things we have might be impossible for colour blind people.
But we can make the new ones as good as possible for them.

The colour blind options show the color name in text when hovering a territory circle, so they can play just fine - they will/might need to look up more of the circles though.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
cbt711 wrote:
[image]

Olive And Lavender
PsymonStark wrote:
if you find a suitable lime or maroon I'll test them too against the maps when I get home.
cbt711 wrote:
maroon
[image]

All
[image]

Then the thought is on the dark ones, instead of a shadow - do a highlight. Or both
The_Bishop wrote:
Nice! I think maroon/garnet should be a bit lighter, closer to red.

Still I can see an issue with Lavender. I think in the chat box it would result a bit similar to non-playing observers...
Well, observers should get grey I guess! Just like neutral troops are.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
cbt711 wrote:
I like making observers gray (grey). That's a great idea.
Here is with a touch of Red to the inside of Maroon:
[image]
Matty wrote:
I'm not sure how it would work to make them grey, but I am sure that we can figure something out.

I'll try to put them on the site to test, but it'll be monday though.
If you want to test capitals I'll need those as well. The small versions aren't needed anywhere fast, that doesn't work on the new site anyways :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
I tested the cbt colours and I have good and bad news.

Spoiler (click to show)

Right now, turquoise (maybe aquamarine is more accurate?) (blends in no maps) and lavender (blends a bit in New Zealand) pass the test best. Maroon blends in a few red regions, but it gets distinguishable everywhere (it's better though than my maroon). On the other hand, dark green blends a lot in many maps, almost everyone with a dark green region. But would like to know what do you think about the mixing in those snippets I attached.

At this point, I would test turquoise, lavender and maroon, and would import a handful of maps for that purpose. My turquoise is the result of modifying the light blue circle in hue (-35) and saturation (+15), so cbt can most easily create the two files.
cbt711 wrote:
Turquoise is REALLY close to light blue though :(

I can mess with the shadow effect, make it white for the darker colors and see if that helps.

I'll make a turquoise to compare to the other colors as well.