Game Thread
  • 781 posts
  • Page 11 of 53
jkl3699 wrote:
Tennesseelogman
we have to start our own investigations and many times, a day kill is the only way to get solid info.
#vote jkl - not much to go on but post 84 and 85 are a little sus and in 95 he used the word "admitted" instead of "claimed". give me something more to go on and i am subject to change.

That's very weak reasoning, and you're reaching because you don't want to vote for Thick for whatever reason. I used the word "admitted" in Post 95 because Thick used the word "admitted" when he tried to claim that myself, Pygmy, and Hood are Cabal. Simple as that. I also think it was quite obvious that I was poking fun at Hood in posts 84 and 85. Why else would I ask that question in the public forum if Cabal has a private group chat? Also, if Thick does turn out to be Cabal, then we'll know for certain that neither myself, Hood, or Pygmy are Cabal because no Cabal member would out their partners in the public forum that early in the game, even if it was to gain false validity among the FBI. It is for this reason that I believe you to be Cabal as well.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
good point - thick did use word admitted in 91.
in my opinion, this is what we need - accusations with some reasoning attached and then logical responses

so you think that a kill on thick would either clear or convict 3 other players? is that accusation of his your only hint or is there more to the story?
Live long and prosper
Anaxagore wrote:
I was contacted by someone claiming to be the doctor / Mr Kap.
If you are the doctor and did not contact me, contact me now,.we have a mafia.
jkl3699 wrote:
Tennesseelogman
good point - thick did use word admitted in 91.
in my opinion, this is what we need - accusations with some reasoning attached and then logical responses

so you think that a kill on thick would either clear or convict 3 other players? is that accusation of his your only hint or is there more to the story?

Anax voted Thick, and he's the only one so far who has claimed to he Red. So unless Anax is voting for Thick on a hunch, I'd like to assume the Anax knows with certainty that Thick is Cabal. If not, then he's practically wasted this phase.
2ofclubs wrote:
jkl3699
Tennesseelogman
we have to start our own investigations and many times, a day kill is the only way to get solid info.
#vote jkl - not much to go on but post 84 and 85 are a little sus and in 95 he used the word "admitted" instead of "claimed". give me something more to go on and i am subject to change.

That's very weak reasoning, and you're reaching because you don't want to vote for Thick for whatever reason. I used the word "admitted" in Post 95 because Thick used the word "admitted" when he tried to claim that myself, Pygmy, and Hood are Cabal. Simple as that. I also think it was quite obvious that I was poking fun at Hood in posts 84 and 85. Why else would I ask that question in the public forum if Cabal has a private group chat? Also, if Thick does turn out to be Cabal, then we'll know for certain that neither myself, Hood, or Pygmy are Cabal because no Cabal member would out their partners in the public forum that early in the game, even if it was to gain false validity among the FBI. It is for this reason that I believe you to be Cabal as well.
Interesting theories all. Jkl, there was a game where scum outed and voted one of themselves ( I think it was Hood and Anax in Romeo & Juliette game) .
It could be Anax Ten and Hood are all scum playing the thread.
I also never sean who play/respond so defensively to an accusation. This increases my suspicion of him.
I also wonder why Anax "claimed and un challenge Red) is not openly reporting investigation.
Ten 'suspects' hood but didnt vote hood? Hood will smoke and mirror the focus off him while Anax will likely change his vote.
I want to remind us that Anax & Hood were Cabl last game. Could it be they are the neutrals this game¿
The dice are loaded.

WRKD4IT
Abs wrote:
Hoodlum
ur sounding quite defensive. just asked for a guess :)

Hood, you seem to be tunnelling quite hard on Thick here? I just read it as more he meant he was protecting Red from an FBI perspective?

I agree he Thick is most likely suspect at this moment but not sure if we need to make it a wagon yet
Abs wrote:
Anaxagore
I was contacted by someone claiming to be the doctor / Mr Kap.
If you are the doctor and did not contact me, contact me now,.we have a mafia.

Anax, it would be helpful if you can elaborate slightly more on your reason for lynching thick? Could you be Cabal and just controlling the day thread by hard claiming Red?

I mean I hope you are town as I gives us a strong player rallying the troops but this could just be one big double cross and power wolf play?
Hoodlum wrote:
Abs
Hoodlum

Hood, you seem to be tunnelling quite hard on Thick here? I just read it as more he meant he was protecting Red from an FBI perspective?

I agree he Thick is most likely suspect at this moment but not sure if we need to make it a wagon yet

why would you agree that he is likely a suspect?

i don't know if thick is Cabal. it was day 1 yesterday lol. it's just a pressure tactic, and i havent seen thick under that situation yet. just getting a read on responses ;)

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
Abs wrote:
Hoodlum
Abs
Hoodlum

why would you agree that he is likely a suspect?

i don't know if thick is Cabal. it was day 1 yesterday lol. it's just a pressure tactic, and i havent seen thick under that situation yet. just getting a read on responses ;)

Ok fair enough, I just meant Thick’s posts been the most ambiguous but yes no real reads as of yet
periwinkle wrote:
So......it seems we are leaning towards thick...and anax is voting for thick in post 137.....but he isn't saying it's a sure thing ....so I guess it's a hunch?
2ofclubs wrote:
Hunch maybe. Anaxknows foresure 1 identity but not telling . Why? Telling won't give Cabal FBI target ( they know) what they don't know is if Anax is truly Red or who is Kap. Nore do we.
WRKD4IT
Tennesseelogman wrote:
2ofclubs wrote:  Posted: Today, 15:57 
Post #161
 not telling . Why? Telling won't give Cabal FBI target ( they know)
why - because at this point yes they know there are 8 town left (6 fbi + 1 +1). if their target truly is red or Kap = they currently have a 2/8 shot at killing one (1/7 if anax continues to be protected - so let's assume he will be) so 1/7 now or if anax outs an fbi then it would be 1/6 chance.
assuming we do not kill anax during the day - we have a 3/10 chance of getting a cabal today. if we get one of our own with our 7/10 odds = then cabal is down to a 1/5 chance instead of 1/6.
all that being said, i think anax should somehow tell whoever he investigated last night (which now seems obvious that it was an fbi) how to have that person come forward with info that the rest of us will believe. you just know that he and that person are in a PM chat now. i would hate to have that info die w anax just in case he gets night killed.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
what if we play the numbers game?
from page 1 - Three players:
The Cabal
You are a member of the Cabal

You can target a player to kill during ______________ night phases.
this seems to indicate that each cabal is limited to 1-2 night kills instead of the cabal group having 1 kill each night. can they use more than 1 per night? idk - maybe a former cabal can tell us how it was last game. anax, hood?
if they can use only 1 per night total = and they killed 4 during the 1st 4 nights and we killed zero by no vote =
going into day 5 - it would be 5 town against 3 cabal and we would have 4 night investigations . hopefully by/before then we would have identified at least 1 cabal through anax's investigations and could start our kill vote still w an advantage in numbers. that would bring it down to 5 town vs 2 cabal
- w another night kill it would be 4/2 then another cabal day kill
- next of course is a night kill and we are at 3/1. and 1 of them is known (red) so we are sure not voting him and by then anax will have almost certainly investigated at least 1 of the remaining town players and a day vote should end it.
many other factors to consider such as - by then cabal may be out of shots anyway, or - if anax has missed finding cabal on all of his investigations = that means he has found 4-5 other town and that leaves 6 know town (including himself) plus 2 unknown town vs 3 cabal minus the night killed town = how many were the known town vs the unknown town - that is a big question/factor in this approach.
analyze this and tell me how it can go wrong and then compare that to the odds of how things can go wrong if we day kill 2-3 of our own to start with.
Live long and prosper