• 130 posts
  • Page 8 of 9
Rockbert wrote:
Anax will tear it up no doubt!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Anaxagore wrote:
I really don't like to have to say this but I feel like it is my role after having played enough time the Mafia Universe Championship to tell you guys that this is not a championship at all. It is some kind of homosexual meeting (half players are trans, have some flags, and call themselves with pronoun them) where they pick their friends to advance every year.
Just an example last year as town I pushed day one one mafia and motion detected another at night, and blocked that same person night 2. After some shenigans including mafia being extremely lucky and other townies blocking me from blocking the killer, I got killed. Eventually I was never awarded or mentioned while some random townies who contributed to nothing in the game except following other people opinion or townies who got eliminated cause they were not strong enough to defend themselves got to see the next stage... And I have seen stuff like that every year but haven't said a thing because I wasn't certain at that point that it wasn't just a one time thing.
So personally I won't be playing this "Championship" again. I prefer to voice my concern clearly so that people are not disappointed when they go and come back with nothing.
Nevertheless you will meet there from time to time some people who know how to play decently.
notoriouspat wrote:
Dead dude...Famous last words:

Anaxagore wrote:   Posted: 01 Apr 2019, 08:44 

If no one else wants, I can do it.
It seems fun.
Jacob24 wrote:
Fair warning for those who are interested: Read Anax’s warning above. I spent some time on Mafia Universe and had a similar experience. If you want to play, then obviously nobody can stop you, but you should be informed
"clubs - go suck eggs! :)"
Tennesseelogman, 2024
ThickTalon wrote:
I followed a few games the last couple years our Dom 12 reps played in and it did seem that some of the other players knew each other and would be the type to have side texts about the game to keep themselves in it.

That said it would be fun to go and blow up the universe with chaos.......Clubs????
elysium5 wrote:
ThickTalon
I followed a few games the last couple years our Dom 12 reps played in and it did seem that some of the other players knew each other and would be the type to have side texts about the game to keep themselves in it.

That said it would be fun to go and blow up the universe with chaos.......Clubs????
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
anuorre wrote:
I don't think I understood of word of what Anax wrote.

Are you saying, in short, it's a party with a bunch of friends that are...eclectic?
ThickTalon wrote:
anuorre
I don't think I understood of word of what Anax wrote.

Are you saying, in short, it's a party with a bunch of friends that are...eclectic?

Regardless of the choice of words the message is.....if you want a fair game stay here, if you want to watch Clubs blow up their universe vote 2ofClubs
Rockbert wrote:
oh it HAS to be Clubs! Do it!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Arapocalypse wrote:
Anaxagore
I really don't like to have to say this but I feel like it is my role after having played enough time the Mafia Universe Championship to tell you guys that this is not a championship at all. It is some kind of homosexual meeting (half players are trans, have some flags, and call themselves with pronoun them) where they pick their friends to advance every year.
Just an example last year as town I pushed day one one mafia and motion detected another at night, and blocked that same person night 2. After some shenigans including mafia being extremely lucky and other townies blocking me from blocking the killer, I got killed. Eventually I was never awarded or mentioned while some random townies who contributed to nothing in the game except following other people opinion or townies who got eliminated cause they were not strong enough to defend themselves got to see the next stage... And I have seen stuff like that every year but haven't said a thing because I wasn't certain at that point that it wasn't just a one time thing.
So personally I won't be playing this "Championship" again. I prefer to voice my concern clearly so that people are not disappointed when they go and come back with nothing.
Nevertheless you will meet there from time to time some people who know how to play decently.
Hey, just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of your negative experiences in the championship - I know it can be disheartening to put in a ton of effort into the game and not see the results you want in advancing!! And with how communities have mingled over time, it is understandable that several people knowing each other before the game can get a little awkward for others; that being said, they are still all people from different communities who bring their own unique playstyles to the game!! Unfortunately, there are simply not enough advancement slots to give to everyone who has played well; I always try to remind people that advancement simply isn't the be-all and end-all when measuring their play and worth as a player! In any case, I really hope that you can still feel proud of the effort you've put in and the skills you've shown, regardless of advancement!!!