• 134 posts
  • Page 9 of 9
Rockbert wrote:
Arapocalypse
Anaxagore
I really don't like to have to say this but I feel like it is my role after having played enough time the Mafia Universe Championship to tell you guys that this is not a championship at all. It is some kind of homosexual meeting (half players are trans, have some flags, and call themselves with pronoun them) where they pick their friends to advance every year.
Just an example last year as town I pushed day one one mafia and motion detected another at night, and blocked that same person night 2. After some shenigans including mafia being extremely lucky and other townies blocking me from blocking the killer, I got killed. Eventually I was never awarded or mentioned while some random townies who contributed to nothing in the game except following other people opinion or townies who got eliminated cause they were not strong enough to defend themselves got to see the next stage... And I have seen stuff like that every year but haven't said a thing because I wasn't certain at that point that it wasn't just a one time thing.
So personally I won't be playing this "Championship" again. I prefer to voice my concern clearly so that people are not disappointed when they go and come back with nothing.
Nevertheless you will meet there from time to time some people who know how to play decently.
Hey, just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of your negative experiences in the championship - I know it can be disheartening to put in a ton of effort into the game and not see the results you want in advancing!! And with how communities have mingled over time, it is understandable that several people knowing each other before the game can get a little awkward for others; that being said, they are still all people from different communities who bring their own unique playstyles to the game!! Unfortunately, there are simply not enough advancement slots to give to everyone who has played well; I always try to remind people that advancement simply isn't the be-all and end-all when measuring their play and worth as a player! In any case, I really hope that you can still feel proud of the effort you've put in and the skills you've shown, regardless of advancement!!!

Arapocalypse, are you going to join this mafia game? Would be interesting to get someone new from another site. Check it out.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Crywolf wrote:
That would be a great idea. We might even get folks that might also enjoy playing Risk games if Arapocalypse were to try one of our Mafia games-almost like a collaboration :]
Arapocalypse wrote:
Unfortunately I will have to decline this time around!!! Maybe later in the year though? On a personal level I'm trying to play on/check out more sites, but personally can't handle overlap with running the championship; I know it's a ways away, but if you dm me on discord (also arapocalypse) in October/later, there's a very good chance I'd be down to play then!!

Anyways, you're also welcome to advertise your game on Mafia Universe if you like!!! Aside from just the games, the championship is a fun opportunity to meet a ton of other players from different mafia communities, and check out other playstyles!! Since the first qualifier of the season begins April 22nd, it's just starting to get busy with people from all sorts of communities checking in!!!

Also, since 2ofclubs has declined their nominations, would anyone else be interested in throwing their hat in the ring for Dominating12? I do want to say that I personally think Anaxagore had some solid play last season, and it would be hype to see your community represented again!!!!
Rockbert wrote:
I'd be willing to try it if nobody else wants to. Not sure I'd be the best representative from this site but I would give it my best. :)
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Arapocalypse wrote:
Rockbert
I'd be willing to try it if nobody else wants to. Not sure I'd be the best representative from this site but I would give it my best. :)
Your best is all anyone can ask for!! :P

In any case, I can certainly send you the info to get ready to rep the community if no one has any objections or anything!
Rockbert wrote:
I am game, just let me know. I hope if anyone else has an issue they will let me know. I will say though, Tennesseelogman would be a rock solid pick. He's a better pick than me, but if he or anyone else bows out, I'll be happy to jump in.
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Rockbert wrote:
Well, if nobody has any objections, and if Tennessee is not going to do it then I will do my best to represent D12 with pride and honor.
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Crywolf wrote:
Rockbert
Well, if nobody has any objections, and if Tennessee is not going to do it then I will do my best to represent D12 with pride and honor.
go for it and make us proud-we will all be rooting for you!!!

Heck-let us know which game you are in, looking forward to see you kick some butts :ninja:
Arapocalypse wrote:
Hey there, quick heads up that Rockbert's mafia championship qualifier game will be starting in just over 14 hours from this post!!! Feel free to follow it here:
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/45726-Season-11-Game-2-The-Merry-Mafia-of-Sherwood-Forest-%28The-Mafia-Championship%29

If you wish to talk about the game, please do not discuss it where your representative can see! You're welcome to cheer them on in MU's spec chat server (I can share a link if that's cool or interested parties can dm me) and/or create your own private space to discuss it!!
anuorre wrote:
that is a whole bunch to read to understand game mechanics. let me try my best to keep up!