• 118 posts
  • Page 1 of 8
Hoodlum wrote:
Kyla received a message today, a message for an invitation to join Mafia Championships. I have checked this out a while ago and thought it'd be cool.

Who wants to represent us?
Hoodlum = unavailable

Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Make sure to read the document before committing - "players should be prepared to read over 600 posts per day" and must post at least 10 times per day.

Im very interested, but cannot guarantee that level of availability.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Anaxagore wrote:
I'm sure it's doable. It won't be 600 complicated posts, but rather 600 sentences.
For those of finished the Money and Mask game, i don't think it'll be a problem :)

"You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well)"

Let's just see who wants to go and vote
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
Kyla received a message today, a message for an invitation to join Mafia Championships. I have checked this out a while ago and thought it'd be cool.

Hoodlum = unavailable

Spoiler (click to show)

Guy seems to be super serial!

Thingyman Stats (click to show)

Sure wonder how he found the place... is it well known that mafia is being played here? If they're reaching out to 200+ communities, like this one...... that's one heck of a thing to do - props to them, ghehe. I'm interested to just have a look once and a while, but not in playing - too intense/committed. I'll already place my vote on Anaxagore to represent dominating12. He can get a topic going here in the forum and feed us some spoilers =)

If we however might be able to have a girl willing to represent us, that might be even better, ghehe.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Sygmassacre wrote:
Well half a year ago cheeky would have been straight in there. She doesnt play anymore thankfully
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Thingyman wrote:
AlexCheckMate
Hoodlum

Hoodlum = unavailable

Spoiler (click to show)

Guy seems to be super serial!

Thingyman Stats (click to show)

Sure wonder how he found the place... is it well known that mafia is being played here? If they're reaching out to 200+ communities, like this one...... that's one heck of a thing to do - props to them, ghehe. I'm interested to just have a look once and a while, but not in playing - too intense/committed. I'll already place my vote on Anaxagore to represent dominating12. He can get a topic going here in the forum and feed us some spoilers =)

If we however might be able to have a girl willing to represent us, that might be even better, ghehe.

-Alex

Each year, I set aside several days to research and google and do whatever else I can think of to find new communities :)

Also, hi guys! :D

I'm very excited to see that it looks you'll be participating. I'll pop in regularly to answer any questions that you guys might have.

Re: having a spectator chat. I'll post more info on this later, but we will have a Discord server for this (it already has 800+ members) that you can join. But you're of course also very welcome to have your own spectator chat - but it's important that the other competitors won't be able to access and read this. Likewise your representative can't join it either, as it's important he not be influenced by any reads or opinions that you guys have.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Haha Thingyman,

I'm pleasantly surprised that you saw this topic, read it AND responded on it :D You sure do your homework ^_^

Could you fill these stats in for yourself please? I'm just curious:

Age Unknown
Gender Unknown
Location Unknown

Won't use it for any crazy activities ;)
Are you up for a game of risk/dominating? Just a quicky ^^

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Thingyman wrote:

I probably have to pass for now, as you can imagine this is the busiest time of year for me, but thanks for the offer :D
Jimi wrote:
My vote for Anax too

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Thingyman wrote:
Hi guys

Just popping in to say that I'm gonna be on vacation next week, so it'll be difficult for me to check in on all the sites, so if you happen to decide your rep and want them to get prepared, they can reach me on Discord: Thingyman#6075 (or on Mafia Universe).
Hoodlum wrote:
we have a lot of good options, but i would promote virtuosity to represent us. if anyone is unaware, we have a leaderboard for past and present games that i try to keep updated.
Any of the active top 10 deserve to represent us. i'm gonna bow out. but yeah.. virt, syg, ely are active players that should be considered if they are interested.

http://tournament.x10host.com/links/leaderboardmafia

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hoodlum
we have a lot of good options, but i would promote virtuosity to represent us. if anyone is unaware, we have a leaderboard for past and present games that i try to keep updated.

I have exams until the 30th of May... so I'm not going to sign up for this. I think a fair few people voiced a vote for Anax. Sygmassacre should also be strongly considered in my opinion.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Anaxagore wrote:
I don't think that leaderboard is really reliable (when i look at the ranking) but i'm for sure not the most experienced player on this website so if someone better feels like going, he should go.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
Any of the active top 10 deserve to represent us. i'm gonna bow out. but yeah.. virt, syg, ely are active players that should be considered if they are interested.

I wouldn't promote anyone that isn't promoting him/herself :p You could send them a message, see if they feel like it.

You probably know I love stats, so, I'm all cool with there being stats for this mafia stuff too, ghehe - I'm however not sure how 'meaningful' I consider this for a 'champion selection process' suppose the simple 'running for president' is the best method here.

#1 requirement is enthusiasm. #2 is time availability. #3 is skill/experience? but I suppose people are pretty good in evaluating themselves as well as their peers, so I see no problems arising here.

Thingyman Invitation
If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 26, but the sooner the better.

So eehm... I suppose someone (= Hoodlum?) can send all good players from the leaderboard a short message, notifying them about this thread/invitation. Those who are interested show their interest here and then we'll have a vote for our champ? ;d

Voting thusfar:

Anaxagore: ||| (3; Anax, Alex, Jimi)
Other: 0

-Alex

― Albert Einstein