Have a cool idea? Suggest it here!
  • 870 posts
  • Page 43 of 58
Hoodlum wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

found this online. it's a map of hungary 1900's. i think this map is set up like a game of thrones theme..the kingdom of hungary.

but looking at the layout, hungary looks suited for a risk map.

..rivers and stuff. defensible regions.. using the rivers to disconnect and bridges to connect.
dimensions would fit well. horizontal map, no scroll etc
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
I think it has some nice elements to it, but the layout screams fixed 6p game, the rivers are way too over complicated & confusing, the bonuses are over complicated & confusing, some colours are way too strong and lacking texture.
If there is interest in this map, it would need a lot of improvement to suit our site.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Dima wrote:
star wars galaxy map in the time of sith vs empire wars (dont know the exact Dates, but during the time of satelle shan, darth malgus and so on, People who played star wars the old republic will know). possible regions could be outar rim, hutt space, unknown terrotories, sith empire, republic and so on.
Galaxy Maps (click to show)
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
Matty wrote:
The idea is good, but how are we on copyrights? As in, do we need and can we get permission from Disney?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
If it's Disney, I wouldn't count on any permission :P
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Mainly a request to Hoodlum for one of your map dabbles, a WW1 map (it's exactly 100 years ago when the first world war was fought).

Aero suggested the battle of Galippoly. Because it's more a battle than an area I think it's not that suitable for a map. But how would 'the western front' do for a map?
Could you try turning something like this into a risk map?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
Here's a related post.

Hoodlum
Another World Map? why not!
This would be awesome to have for personal reasons.

World Connected

Original online riskers back in 2000, played an expanded map like this. Probably the first competitive organized settings (ladder games) that lasted many years for (live risk). where it all started. Before pogo, before conquer club.etc..

The game could easily be revisited, with only the drop of 3's (rather than manual placement) being the only difference..and forced trade of 5 rather than 6

8 player domination (80%) ascending (increasing) cards..adjacent,,

Online Risk origins (click to show)

World Connected (click to show)

It falls in the wrong territory count - i believe tho
Cireon wrote:
We have the "World Modified" map that adds the Philippines as extra territory connected to Indonesia and Chine to make Australia less powerful as a compromise.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
RM_REP wrote:
A better 'world expanded' map without so many outrageous regional bonuses.
Hoodlum wrote:
World Explored. A modified version of the World expanded map. Reading the original world expanded thread, there were suggestions of adding Antarctica after the map was completed. It didn't make sense to some, but here's why it's not odd. My dad is American Navy, and was deployed in Christchurch NZ, for Operation Deep freeze in Antarctica...met my mum in NZ, and that's how i was born..haha.

Theme, World Explored. Includes, the last discovered country NZ, & Continent, Antarctica, which are usually left off many gaming maps.

What's different from Expanded?

NZ added to Australasia (region name change), and new bonus from 2-3

New region, Antarctica. +1

World Explored (click to show)

Click for full view
SethHrab wrote:
I have a thought of a different world map.. of Mars, but with water. On a quick google search, I did find the idea I essentially wanted to follow, so I'm not sure if there are copyright concerns given my general outline of the maps I found.. I did create a general outline and will link that along with the map I followed for said outline as well so someone smarter than me can think about copyright concerns.

Map I used as a guide for outline:
Spoiler (click to show)

My current thought of an outline:
Spoiler (click to show)
Cireon wrote:
It may need some gameplay tweaks, but looks interesting.
aeronautic wrote:
It shows prospect, maybe with a few less territories in some of the regions.
If there's interest in the map, we'll work with you to sort out the game-play set up.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
SethHrab wrote:
Hoodlum
World Explored. A modified version of the World expanded map. Reading the original world expanded thread, there were suggestions of adding Antarctica after the map was completed. It didn't make sense to some, but here's why it's not odd. My dad is American Navy, and was deployed in Christchurch NZ, for Operation Deep freeze in Antarctica...met my mum in NZ, and that's how i was born..haha.

Theme, World Explored. Includes, the last discovered country NZ, & Continent, Antarctica, which are usually left off many gaming maps.

What's different from Expanded?

NZ added to Australasia (region name change), and new bonus from 2-3

New region, Antarctica. +1

World Explored (click to show)

Click for full view

I love this idea. I'm all about more "real" maps, and NZ Antarctica are a great addition.